Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Old Mags
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

What does everyone do with there old mags? I’ve got about three years of mbr and wmb taking up space in my spare room.

julianwilson
    Free Member

my very old mbr’s went in the recycling!

jfeb
    Free Member

Recyling for my old magazines, although I wish there was a better use for them 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve got about ten years worth of Singletrack cluttering up my bedroom.

nickb

I drop off a stack at the doctors, dentists, barbers etc so there’s always something interesting to read when I go – not that I go to the docs that often, but it beats reading Womens Own or an old copy of Hello!

Nick

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

anyone got the first 50 issues of Dirt?

anyone want a huge mountain of MBUK, and MBR?

JoB
    Free Member

i’ve got over 20 years of MBUK in the loft, it’s good insulation

jackthedog
    Free Member

Advertise them free to collector on here and Retrobike. Somebody will make use of them. I passed on about a tonne of MBUK, MBR and MBI mags that way, which is more satisfying than chucking them in the recycling skips…

DezB
    Free Member

What do I do with my old magazines?

I hoard em!

Me:

franki
    Free Member

I used to keep all mine until the amount of space they took up was way too stupid.
    I’ve recycled everything now apart from my Singletrack mags and the odd one or two MBRs or WMTBs that had bits of particular interest.

(Not sure if I kept my MTB Pro / Mountainbike Worlds, now I come to think about it.)

zaskar
    Free Member

I hoard stuff too till my GF told me off…

Now I just folder the science, nuttrition, training, servicing and techy bits and maybe some bike reviews and recycle the rest.

Bit like science journals really-after 3-4yrs they are bit out of date.

1 A4 binder saves 5 ft pile ff magzines!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have a large pile of MBUK, MBR, WMB and dirt from the last 5 years or so that i advertised free to collectors on here. nobody local wanted them, and i’ve not managed to get over to glossop lately to drop em off with the only person who showed any interest. so they’re cluttering up my hall, and although it’s a sensible option i’m loathed to just chuck em in the recycling…

RustySpanner

I scan the route guides I’m interested in before recycling.

Digital hoarding, it’s the latest thing.

jackthedog
    Free Member

i have a large pile of MBUK, MBR, WMB and dirt from the last 5 years or so that i advertised free to collectors on here. nobody local wanted them, and i’ve not managed to get over to glossop lately to drop em off with the only person who showed any interest. so they’re cluttering up my hall, and although it’s a sensible option i’m loathed to just chuck em in the recycling…

Try the Retrobike forum, though only being from the last five years they probably won’t be of much interest to enough folk. Keep them another ten years and people will deffo want em :o)

Lanesra
    Free Member

Keep the summer issues of WMB, this will save you having to buy future summer issues proclaiming greatest summer ever etc etc..

Mark

I’ve got about ten years worth of Singletrack cluttering up my bedroom.

That’s impressive! We’ve only been printing it for 8 years 🙂

Gilles

Recycled all my WMTBs and MBR but still got all ST from issue number 1. Miss the route page though, as I used it.

miketually
    Free Member

That’s impressive! We’ve only been printing it for 8 years

Eight is about ten 🙂

speaker2animals

Now only have all my STs. Gave up saving all of everything else. Just keep a rolling 6 months of WMB plus any of interest.

Anyone interested in is 111 to 129 of DirtRag for nowt to collector?

scruzer
    Free Member

in the loft. I retro read them when board or want nostalgia. Got hundreds of them inc some full sets ( ST, MTB Monthly, MTB Pro/MTB World)and first editions (addiing Dirt and the other DH that was very similarly titled?). Bit of an old timer u see..

jackthedog
    Free Member

Dirt and the other DH that was very similarly titled?)

Grip? Rush?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Old Mags’ is closed to new replies.