Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Old Jack's Boat
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone else getting that 1970’s child Jackanory feeling from Bernard Cribbins new series on CBeebies? The boys are completely absorbed by it. Nice to see them prefer some old skool story telling over over a load of CGI stuff.

And the girl in the tea shop is a bit tasty too. Ahem.

Garry_Lager

Old Jack’s Boat is going down well chez Lager.

Tree-Foo Tom is still Top Dog though, with the bairns.

With me I reckon the Octonauts is the best series cbeebies have produced in recent years.

edlong
    Free Member

I think I saw a bit of this programme the other day – are the exterior shots done in Staithes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigbloke
    Free Member

I caught an episode or two of Old Jacks Boat, i liked it , i watched it with my 2 yr old lad…..obviously 😉

He prefers Peppa Pig , Fireman Sam (producing mock welsh accents out of everybody in the room) and the programme with the little Elves/Pixies/Fairies thing???

My 9 yr old though introduced me to the delights of Regular Show and Gravity Falls both i found a little bit too amusing.

allthepies
    Free Member

Russell T Davies has written Friday’s episode so watch out for Jack sharing an on-screen kiss with the harbour master’s son and a gender reassignment sub plot.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Regular Show

Awful, awful show.

Staithes is the place; my maternal grandparents lived there.

T666DOM

It is Staithes, I live in the next village but I dont remember it being as sunny last year!!!

CountZero

It is Staithes, I live in the next village but I dont remember it being as sunny last year!!!

Nowhere was sunny last year!

carbon337
    Free Member

I’m slightly obsessed with the dark skin young lass who runs the cafe.

Markie
    Free Member

It’s the only thing that has a chance of standing up to the awesome power of the Octonauts…

mintimperial

My lad quite likes it. I’ve not really given it any attention to be honest, I’ll sit down and watch it properly next time though.

Tree-Foo Tom is still Top Dog though, with the bairns.

With me I reckon the Octonauts is the best series cbeebies have produced in recent years.

Tree Fu Tom can **** off, dreadful bollocks only surpassed in the awfulness stakes by Mike The **** Knight. But you’re right about Octonauts, that’s almost completely ace.

Gravity Falls

GF is utterly brilliant.

carbon337
    Free Member

How irritating is that kid on grandpa in my pocket? Smarmy little brat.

Stoner
    Free Member

Octonauts is superb, but dont forget there’s the website with some great games and the animal fact sheets are good fro printing out and colouring in. You can let you child play it too.

http://theoctonauts.com/

mintimperial

Yes. The entire cast of Grandpa In My Pocket should be taken out to sea and chucked overboard in concrete wellies, apart from Mr Liker-Biker cos he’s really just Mister Maker moonlighting, and I think he’s probably just doing it for the money or something, poor chap.

I think I may have watched too much CBeebies in the past four years…

FB-ATB

Isn’t the girl in the cafe one of Dr Who’s exes?

Markie
    Free Member

I detest the show. Basically, every episode consists of Grandpa using his powers to manipulate a situation to his own ends, regardless of merits or justice.

In his shrunken form he is eminently puntable.

Stoner
    Free Member

Isn’t the girl in the cafe one of Dr Who’s exes?

yes.

Cant think why I know that. And her name. And where she lives. And….

augustuswindsock

Keith fit anyone?

nick1962
    Free Member

Octanauts,Mike the Knight and Treefu are all terrible IMHO.
    This is without doubt the best TV show for kids and adults!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z64jyMfzRg[/video]

Markie
    Free Member

Octanauts,Mike the Knight and Treefu are all terrible IMHO.

I’m with you on Mike the Knight (set a task, cock it up, have an epiphany, ‘do it right’) and Treefu Tom (that caste-bound world!), but the Octonauts? The Octonauts rock!

kimbers

old jacks boat goes down well with our 2 yr old

but he calls it old grandads boat, which is fair enough as his grandad is somewhat bonkers and also lives on a boat

bencooper
    Free Member

Our 2.75yr old is a bit meh on it – but obsessed with Come Outside and Wooly and Tig.

But all beaten but the “man making sweeties” on YouTube. (Videos of people making weird Japanese DIY sweets)

Stoner
    Free Member

kimbers – my two year old started off calling it “My Boat”. Yep, he’s called Jack 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

We told out two – thats where mummy lived when she was little, but they still think its crap and would rather watch Abne and Teal or Sarah and Duck.

stevied
    Free Member

freeman agyeman:

Who can name all the ‘in the night garden’ cast then?

nick1962
    Free Member

Octanauts,political correctness gone mad.
    None of the critters ever get eaten not even the vegimals 🙂

properbikeco
    Free Member

woolly and tig is good, along with my story.

ours also like old jacks boat and nina and the neurons, most of the rest is drivel tbh, especially mike the knight.

nice to see bob the builder still going but postman pat is far too pc now

(had to watch an awful lots of cbeebies in the last 5 years)

edhornby

it is Jackanory revisited – Bernard was one of the mainstays of jackanory when we were kids, him and Kenneth Williams… cbeebies is great, the lack of adverts is such a relief

ocrider

I recall Rik Mayall’s rendition of George’s Marvellous Medecine as one of the highlights of my childhood. Jackanory was ace!

beefheart
    Free Member

I haven’t watched much cbeebies recently as my child now prefers CBBC, but the fit one armed bird was always a favourite.
    Does anyone know if she’s still going?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I never understood the attraction of the spoon faced woman with the spare gloves. Not one bit.

And “I can Cook” Katy needs that smug look wiping off her face.

For top kids stuff you need to take in Ben & Holly. Perfect.

tinybits
    Free Member

True fact, the split second of the guy in his fishing boat going across Staithes harbour in the opening is my dad. His boat (blue white, yellow and red called true love is also in the opening a second time.
    I only found this out last week despite watching the show with my 2 year old!
    Love Staithes, beautiful part of the country (with pubs that never, ever shut!)

kimbers

I must admit freeman makes it even better

and the swinger wife out of benidorm on a kids show makes me chuckle

what i don’t get about octonauts is that the rabbit character is always eating carrots yet the vegimal characters including tunip are vegetables !

joeyj
    Free Member

Baby jake is terrible but the kids seem to like it
    The one armed bird is still going and is quite fit

Garry_Lager

Baby Jake should be launched into outer space, to be fair, the annoying wee bstard.

The presenters are a mixed bag ISTM – talent spread a bit thin. Andy and Katy are good.

We live in Manchester and my 4 yo son’s school went to a filming of Justin’s House. Excitement off the scale.
    Justin was apparently having a bit of an off day with the kids (who could blame him), but Robert the Robot was brilliant with them.

scuttler

Hasselhoff was reading the bedtime stories at Xmas. WTF?

boxfish
    Free Member

Sound the Octo Alert!

carbon337
    Free Member

That Justin must be on a canny contract with BBC now – he is mr cbeebies. No idea how he manages to stay so exciteable and interested over stuff like he does.

allthepies
    Free Member

£££££ 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

I can’t help myself but somene has mentioned Justin….aaaarrgghh!
    Apparently he is the hardest working man in children’s televsion ,so why’s he so fat then? He is awful.A dreadful combination of plagiarism with unoriginal panto/slapstick,crap impersonations and even crappier characters.
    I have visions of him sat in his dressing room a bitter cynical curmudgeon who absolutely hates the kids who give him his living,downing whisky after whisy to steel himself before he goes on set.
    The cynic in me thinks the only reason he does sign language and works with disbaled kids is because he saw a lucrative PC “gap in the market”.This probably says more about me than him 🙂
    My two love him 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Old Jack's Boat’ is closed to new replies.