Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old IS caliper on PM fork…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I know this has been somewhat done to death, but here’s my current problem:

Old two part #3 Hope M4, 2010ish 20mm Rev with PM, A-Z caliper adapter (the one with zero upsize)

Adapter fits fork – just – caliper won’t quite mount, it fouls on the head of the top bolt at the adapter against the section of the caliper body where the body half bolt is running through.

I’m not sure removing any material from the caliper body is a good plan, a lower profile bolt head into the fork might do it but I can’t find one – currently using the standard Ti taper head bolt that ships with the adaptor.

Don’t really want to change brakes or fork, do have a set of 200/180 rotors I could use if I went +20 which I think would solve the issue, but I really don’t need 200/180.

What would STW do?

doof_doof
    Free Member

plus 20mm with this:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

probably the +20 but have you got a pic of what is fouling up? I think I get it but someone might have a cunning suggestion if you show us.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Head to the bolt supplier.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just get a kcnc adaptor from clee cycles. Works great.

Onzadog
    Free Member

How much extra clearance do you need on the bolt? Would a dome head do the trick?

vincienup
    Free Member

Sorry… My bad. It is the kcnc from flee that’s in use. A lower profile head would probably sort it.

Pictures in a bit. Late shift this week :/

vincienup
    Free Member

Sorry… My bad. It is the kcnc from flee that’s in use. A lower profile head would probably sort it.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d try a button head bolt. Looks like that will still be close, though. Shimano do an ultra low profile bolt for one of their adapters which should do it.

This one:

vincienup
    Free Member

😀 that looks like it might do it!

Where would I get such a bolt?

vincienup
    Free Member

Actually, would something like this work? It is an m6, right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281347510941

vincienup
    Free Member

Gone with some M6x16 hi tensile button heads for now to see if this works.

If not, any real reason not to investigate countersunk hi tensile screws apart from needing to countersink the KCNC adaptor?

vincienup
    Free Member

Hi Tensile button head saves the day… Just!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old IS caliper on PM fork…’ is closed to new replies.