Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old forks,modern brakes, problem ?
  • superjack180
    Free Member

Hi iive recently bough at a set of marzocchi bomber jr t 1999/2000 model,
    the disc moutn are simular to IS mount but not quite there, i have a pic , not of my forks but another off google…

What i was wondering was where or if i can get a adapter/mount to use modern discs such as hope and avids thankyou.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

have a search on http://www.retrobike.co.uk there have been several chats in forum about this very issue. iirc one of members made up a batch of adaptors. the mountings are not is.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’m sure cynic-al can make you something suitable……

…or more seriously, try giving Hope a call 🙂

legend
    Free Member

the disc moutn are simular to IS mount but not quite there

what you do mean by not quiet there? As far as I can remember old ‘zocchis were IS?

coatesy
    Free Member

He means the holes in the mounts are something like 53mm spacing instead of the 51mm of IS that appeared after they were produced.Seem to remember there being a Formula brake made to fit them at that time, but may be wrong.

ferrit32
    Free Member

those puppies at the top were mine, I stupidly put them on a idrive which had deore disk brakes on. Cannot remember any issues apart from lookin like something from OCC.

I also have a set of Monster Ts of the same vintage and they are fine too

superjack180
    Free Member

Got a pic of mine up just for show, striped them down, gave them a degreasing, a polish and some new sticker and came up nice.

So far ive spent

Frame – RAPTOR £25
    Headset – ONE23 £8
    Stem – SPANK £ 10
    Forks – Marazocchi bomber jr t – £ 90

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old forks,modern brakes, problem ?’ is closed to new replies.