Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Old Boss owes me £1200
  • SOAP
    Free Member

self employed chippy, whats the best route to go down?

neninja
    Free Member

Send him a letter by recorded delivery giving him 10 working days to make payment or you will make a small claims court claim against him including recovery of costs and interest.

If he fails to make the deadline then make a claim on – https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

It costs something like £80 (that’s what it was when I last used it) but this gets added to what he owes. If the court finds in your favour or if he ignores the Court documents then the court can ultimately instruct bailiffs to seize his property and goods to sell to repay what’s owing to you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yep, if he’s pissed you about already then don’t waste time with anything other than the legal process.

bruneep

Can you prove that he owes you that amount?

SOAP
    Free Member

He’s 2 days late and saying he’s been busy (busy dont wash with the bank) so I will give him till tomorrow afternoon.
    call him or just get the leter out monday morning?

SOAP
    Free Member

emailed invoices is all I have, but they are no different from the last 5 months

cynic-al
    Free Member

Call him and tell him your plan. May save some hassle.

sharkbait
    Free Member

2 days???
    How long ago did you do the work? I think you may need to wait bit longer yet.

SOAP
    Free Member

subcontracted for labour only, paid weekly,should of been paid wednesday by bacs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

2 days????

Jeez.

Methinks thou dost jumpeth the musket. 🙂

SOAP
    Free Member

If i had not given a weeks notice and was still working for him he would of paid me on wednesday.
    hows that jumping the gun?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What is in your contract for final payment? Is he withholding until he is satisfied the work you have done in your final week is satisfactory, that any properties have been returned etc?

scraprider
    Free Member

the blokes done the work , and needs to be paid, simple, no gun jumping from were im stood, however a finalle , call to confirm that he has / hasnt paid the money prolly wouldnt go a miss, before said legal action starts good luck.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He’s 2 days late

I wouldn’t have even noticed 2 days, I’ve had to wait 8 months for one invoice to be settled.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

the blokes done the work

But has he? Surely the ex employer might want to check? It’ll be in his terms…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Old Boss owes me £1200’ is closed to new replies.