Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OK, why would i want Ti rails over Cromo?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

pretty much as above. why would i choose to pay extra for a ti railed saddle than a cromo one? other than lightness? are the ti rails more flexible or more forgiving etc?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Even weight is not all that it seems… My Ti Bel Air was a whole 7 grammes lighter than a Cr-Mo one….

🙂

StirlingCrispin

Buzz absorption.

Not too sure it matters on trails, but I certainly notice it on road (dark side bike and on mtb).

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

titanium rails make cool sparks on the road when your bike falls off the roof rack at 60mph

fingerbike
    Free Member

Titanium is a nice colour!?

MoreCashThanDash

Ti is slightly more forgiving and comfier – kinda like a woman who is size 10 over one who is size zero

MrNutt
    Free Member

Ti Saddle rails are MUCH faster than CroMo ones,

primarily because of that addition weight penalty in the printing of the letters o, M and o

loddrik
    Free Member

And we know how important buzz absorption is on a full sus bike with a padded saddle…

People but them ‘because they can’ not because they need to, and it sounds great in the classifieds when you sell your bike after 6 months of ownership as there are newer ones out there..

MoreCashThanDash

True loddrik, but on a hardtail, a ti saddle and a carbon seatpost has made a huge difference to my back problems and was much cheaper than a full sus!

benjag
    Free Member

I changed to Ti rails for greater fatigue resistance, i’ve broken the rails on a couple of cro-mo saddles.

swoosh
    Free Member

Ti is slightly more forgiving and comfier – kinda like a woman who is size 10 over one who is size zero

I’ve never found any woman to be forgiving in anyway shape or form, regardless of the size of clothes she wears!

juan
    Free Member

ROFLMAO at swoosh

clubber
    Free Member

Ti rails are typically lighter and/or stronger.

Trail buzz absorbtion is a myth IMO and I’ve never noticed any difference. Changing seatposts does/can make a difference though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OK, why would i want Ti rails over Cromo?’ is closed to new replies.