Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Ok, Warminster, give me the lowdown…
  • brassneck

Villages down the Pewsey Vale (and indeed Pewsey – probably where I’d look first) well worth a look too – prices are going up but as close to value as you’ll get around here without heading west as you’ve found with Warminster/Frome. Look down the 342(?) toward Stonehenge too.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Thanks for the search advice Brassneck, much appreciated.

cinnamon_girl

The Vale of Pewsey is great for road riding. Actually years ago there was a Forum ride from Knap Hill.

There is some good mtb riding around there with the Wansdyke, a 14 mile long embankment that offers stupendous views. You can also make a nice ride along Martinsell Hill Fort, Oare Hill, Huish Hill and Golden Ball Hill.

That will be one expensive area!

CountZero

Frome’s a nice little town, has it’s own brewery, a good music venue, (saw Billy Bragg there just before Christmas), a record shop, and the roads out aren’t too bad at all, driving down from Chippenham being pretty straight forward via Bradford-on-Avon. Guy I work with drives up from Frome every day, and he really likes the town, for the above named reasons.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Frome – Milk Street – Interesting little outfit, notably as Rik’s the head brewer.

Excellent little pub/brewery and very proud to say it’s my Local. By far and away the best beers around these parts.

brassneck – Member
    The Cobble Wobble in Frome also needs to be taken into account.

Sadly the Cobble Wobble wasn’t on last year (I’m the Pusher-Offer at the bottom). Largely due to the fact that the council preferred to spend (amongst other things) £25k on safety barriers so Jenson Button could do his donuts in the market place.

CountZero – Member
    … a good music venue, (saw Billy Bragg there just before Christmas),

Yup, me too. The Cheese & Grain is a great venue. There’s nothing else around (we are in a bit of ‘venue hole’ on the Soms/Wilts border) and bigger-named acts are starting to notice that.

Frome’s a cracking little town. Head-and-shoulders above the cluster of other little towns in the area (no offence to anybody). I’ve lived here 20 years and seen it transform from a grubby, run-down dead place into a vibrant, buzzing little community with loads going on. Love it.

[video]http://vimeo.com/55854694[/video]

http://vimeo.com/47953789

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ok, Warminster, give me the lowdown…’ is closed to new replies.