Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OK, so they've ruined the 661 Rage kneepad, what next?
  • Northwind

Just warrantied an old set and they’ve sent me some horrible knee-shin abomination to replace it 🙁 I blame #enduro. The last model seems to be gone from the shops. Annoyed!

So, can anyone recommend something that’s exactly like a medium Rage/Kyle Strait? Fox Launch Pro I think is pretty similiar but I remember the pad shape feeling a bit weird. Raceface Dig looks decent but a bit funny-looking. Scott Grenade is good but pretty expensive considering how long knee pads tend to last, likewise Ion K-Pact seems very Kyle Straitey but is £70. (I tend to find the inside wears and goes chafey even thought he outsides still look decent…)

Whatever it is, it’s absolutely got to be machine washable, which rules and none of that minimal nonsense, or shin bits- a proper knee pad with side protection, 2 straps, etc. I think I’m out of fashion… If I had a time machine, I’d stop off after my dinosaur hunting expedition and buy 20 pairs of Kyle Straits.

legend
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro I think is pretty similiar but I remember the pad shape feeling a bit weird.

I went from Kyle Straits to Foxs. Don’t remember anything weird feeling when I got them. happy to wear them all day and they’re happy to be machine washed.

butterbean
    Free Member

TLD Raid are awesome & not made of old sponge & covered in ladies tight material (as in they appear to be lasting very well).

No lower strap, because they don’t need one IMO.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have some rarely worn Kyle Straits, wonder what they’re worth?

Northwind

Ooh, I could add them to my shrine.

Raid looks worth checking out, I hadn’t seen those, cheers Butterbean. I’ve never found a single strap kneepad that worked as well as a double but I’ll not rule it out.

flyingmonkeycorps

I just bought (and sold) some next-to-new Kyle Straits for £20, they were just a touch too small. Be interested in what you settle on, I could do with some new ones.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As you mentioned, ION k pact my man. Mine are looking very new after 6 months or so of use with multiple washings . Really rate them

http://www.ion-products.com/bike/men/protection/k-pact/

Available in multiple colorways!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I went from Kyle Straits to Foxs. Don’t remember anything weird feeling when I got them. happy to wear them all day and they’re happy to be machine washed.

+1

jonathan
    Free Member

I went from very tired Kyle Straits to IXS Slope-Series Evos at the beginning of the year. I had very similar criteria to you. I wear pads all the time so they’ve got to fit all the time, be easily washable, and actually provide decent protection.

Slope-Series ones ticked all the boxes and have been really good. I don’t think they’re a current model, but there are some still about:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ixs-slope-series-evo-knee-guards-2016/rp-prod57751

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OK, so they've ruined the 661 Rage kneepad, what next?’ is closed to new replies.