Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • ok so i snapped my frame and need a new one……
  • sam42
    Free Member

I was popping a new back tyre on this afternoon and noticed a bit more flex in the back end than there should be… I peeled my chainstay protector back a bit and to my horror found the chainstay had sheared clean off!!!
    So yeah, now my 26mhz is dead and i need a new frame…
    I'm thinking ht, steel, low and slack, pretty similar to my old pashley 26mhz ds… Suggestions please!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Warranty?

Tim
    Free Member

its steel, get it welded up 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    donks
    Free Member

Kinesis decade like this….lovely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

New chainstay isn't that expensive, if it's a steel frame. 🙂

leggyblonde
    Free Member

+1 for a repair. always wanted one of those frames

sam42
    Free Member

Leggy i always wanted one too, hence how heartbroken i was when i found it'd snapped, however to shatter the dream a little for ya, it's got a massively impractical 12inch seat tube and is as heavy as a boat anchor, and it snapped……. but as vicars wife's bikes go, (Pashleys) it was a beast!
    been thinking about a repair, thing is though, is it's a looped set of chainstays (ie one long tube in a U shape) so a repair is a little more complicated…. I'll have to see if it's retrievable.

joolsburger
    Free Member

phone pashley they might fix it

sam42
    Free Member

mine was the ds frame….
    gonna give pashley a bell tomorrow..

sam42
    Free Member

Update… spoke to pashley this morning and they said they no longer have the jigs, materials or staff to be able to repair it.. being that they stopped making the tv series seven or eight years ago… but they have given me a number for a frameshop who may be able to help…… gonna try them and a local fella recommended to me by a local roadie i know through work…
    the saga continues!…

sssimon
    Free Member

I'm sure argos or bob jackson could do a new stay for you

cynic-al
    Free Member

tv series WTF

BigJohn

My chainstay split in 2 places (I know, why did I go to the second place…) on my Mk 1 Cotic Soul.

The local garage welded it for free and I've had about 18 months extra life out of it so far. A bit ugly and agricultural (so's the weld) but it did the job.

Tim
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

tv series WTF

they did 24mhz and 26mhz, with a logo that looked like a little tv

balfa
    Free Member

Don't forget the GHz. They still make a few trials frames but they are special order only.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

any update sam?

brant
    Free Member

any update sam?

I'm guessing but…

http://myragley.com/20195832

solamanda
    Free Member

brant
    Free Member

Oh I dunno, it's probably more like this…

solamanda
    Free Member

sam42
    Free Member

sorry…. totally missed the reply but well sussed brant… that is my new blue pig.
    I wanted to get riding quicker than getting the pashley fixed would take so i plumped for a blue pig. The pashley's still gonna get fixed, just when i can afford to get it done properly and re-painted nicely.
    As for the blue pig, well i guess you're all pretty bored of hearin this but it rides sweeeeeeeeet, even with only 130mm travel vanillas up front..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ok so i snapped my frame and need a new one……’ is closed to new replies.