Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • OK is this old age coming then?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After reading alwyns London Triathlon post, I thought I'd look up on the net to see if I could find my results from the time I raced it.
    So I googled London Triathlon 2005. Then started to get all irate when I couldn't find myself, then I got more annoyed because what I was reading was nothing like the way I remembered it! Olympic distance? age groups? teams? Then I leant back on my chair all confused, it was then it hit me, it wasn't 2005 it was 1985. 1985! twenty five years ago, that's frightening.

Harry_the_Spider

Do you smell of wee and biscuits?

samuri
    Free Member

Yes, getting angry and confused is definately a sign of old age. 😉

slimtubing
    Free Member

How many coats are you wearing?
    do you drive a austin maxi?

69er
    Free Member

I have to lean back to read my screen…

And the colour beige looks very appealing…

willard

2/10 – Come back when you can remember driving a Morris Ital and thinking it was a nice car.

By the way, have you ever accidentally worn your slippers to the local shops?

oldgit
    Free Member

Itals wern't bad actually.

alwyn
    Free Member

Go on, what time did you do?

oldgit
    Free Member

No idea alwyn, back then you got results posted to you weeks later I have a box of results going back to 1972. I don't think it was Olympic distance, certainly no wetsuits or Tri-bars then not even hidden cables.
    I know I did alright though because (gets out willy to wave)I'd just done the UKs first ever full Ironman the month before.

alwyn
    Free Member

Wow that's good! I managed 2.26 which isn't too bad. I'd like to be sub 2.15 at least next year.

I am going to do an ironman, but in a few years time. I'm off to Turkey to replenish myself now 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Completing the Ironman is a real buzz, and if you are like me you can dine out on it for the rest of your life :lol:.
    I often think about doing another one, but I haven't swam for years now. Back then I was lucky enough to have the serpentine on my doorstep so I had plenty of training in open water.
    In fact I might seriously think about it, I've tried tried dozens of solo 24 but I just can't do the lap after lap thing for much more than 12 hours.
    Were do I look to gen up on Triathlon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ironman = lunkhead :o)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

do you drive a austin maxi?

Is there a single Austin Maxi actually left on the road???? Now YOU are showing your age 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Matlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Come back when you can remember driving a Morris Ital and thinking it was a nice car.

Don't you mean Morris Marina?

epicyclo

Didn't Top Gear accidentally drop a piano on the last one?

Twice.

Marinas recycle nicely into Marlins

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Come back when you can remember driving a Morris Ital and thinking it was a nice car.

Don't you mean Morris Marina?

They spent huge amounts of money (not) developing the Ital as the Marina replacement. Polishing turds etc

Marinas/Itals where truly horrible and unfortunately a red 1.3 Marina with beige velour seats was my first company car. After two years and about 60k miles got replaced by a Cortina Mk II 1.6l – class

epicyclo

I bought a Marina in 1985 when on a visit from Oz – it was cheap, ok – and the first time I tried to light up the back tyres one of the wheels sheered off. In front of an unappreciative audience of in-laws.

So I learned not to drive a Pommy car like an Oz V8 😳

willard

I have to admit that my mum had one for a long time… It was rubbish and put me off cars for a very long time. It was only when she got rid of it and my dad bought a Rover 3500 Vanden Plas (yes, the one with the leather, wood and proper V8) that I started liking them again.

Then she wrote that one off…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘OK is this old age coming then?’ is closed to new replies.