• This topic has 50 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nach.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Ok, I give up, what bell?
  • drlex
    Free Member

99p Clown Car horn – the “honk honk” diffuses much of the anger / seething resentment of bobblies.

tootallpaul

My fave…

http://www.lionbellworks.co.uk/

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tZXH8J]DSC00564[/url] by Paul Stanley, on Flickr

Shiny.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

After three silent, speedy passes from behind (whistling inches past my wife’s fragile and be-slinged shoulder, and our little leashed dog) on a shared path today – can I just say ANY F**** BELL IS A GOOD BELL 👿

whitestone
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Forgot to say – the louder and more aggressive the horn (and the closer the proximity of deployment) the bigger a likelihood of startling a pedestrian/dog sideways into a collision path.

As the sign says : ‘share with care’.

(I realise how much mileages can vary)

JohnnyPanic

That Lionworks one – nice sound!

tomaso
    Free Member

You can keep your wee dings, I’ve got a big Dutch ding dong!

Vavert do other sizes if you don’t want a burger sized bell like this one [/url]

fooman

BBB Easyfit Bell if you want a small unobtrusive bell, still loud enough.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

scraggy
    Free Member

Refuse to fit a bell on mine because a very polite non aggressive “excuse me coming through” followed by “thankyou” as you pass is all thats required.those people that try to be trail bullies by stating they want a bell sounded are just being obnoxious and dont deserve a second thought.a very high percentage respond positively to good manners as we all know

nach
    Free Member

I found the perfect unobtrusive bell for my mountain bike, free from a bag of old guff that came with my road bike, or available online for the princely sum of £2.50:

PDW one relegated to the commuter because it rang itself all the way down rocky descents.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Ok, I give up, what bell?’ is closed to new replies.