Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Ok, got the Wiggle Reverb; what…
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

…are all the other widgets that come in the box? I don’t mean the blead kit and cable ties, but ther rest? Anyone have pictures of these “bits” installed. Thanks

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Haribo,

They are sweets, you can eat them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you get the hose guide?

I **** didn’t.

AlexSimon

I’ve just been wondering the same thing – instructions are completely useless. Just had a look at bleeding instructions and that seems fine.

One plastic bit is to zip tie to the seatpost and let the hose run up/down.
    The other plastic bit is to space a hose from another hose/cable.

The little fiddly hinged dodads look like they are to attach a hose to another hose/cable (although I’ll be using zip ties instead I think).

I thought the silver collar might be a replacement for the fitted black collar, but it’s not the same, so I don’t know what it is. Travel limiter?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The alu block fits in the clamp when not using matchmakers.

AlexSimon

I think we must be talking about different things Onzadog.

It looks like it is indeed a travel limiter.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. So the silver collar is a limiter and the black plastic fluted fitting is zip tried to the post. How is the black alloy noodle with the hole in (cable routing? ) fitted?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Noodle? Not sure what you mean. There’s a black alu block with a hole through it is for the clamp. The bolt goes through the hole.

Alex, yes, different things. Didn’t mean for anyone to get the two confused. The silver bit is indeed the travel limit collar although I’ve never understood that. Just don’t push it down that far!

badgerbater
    Free Member

Thanks Onzadog; just assembled the black alloy block to the remote bar clamp – seems obvious now! Yes agree with your comment on the limiter, seems if fitted you could end up scratching the seat tube!

Scamper
    Free Member

I’ve read a suggestion to keep the travel limiter in your backpack in case the reverb blows up.

DrP

That’s called the enduro collar……

Can stick it on Craig’s list as a cheeky ‘male chicken’ ring……

DrP

skeetsgb
    Free Member

yep use the travel limit if your reverb fails when out riding, otherwise you will have to ride with the seat down.

mattjg
    Free Member

The travel limiter is for limiting the travel. Mine is set at 25mm which is “down but still pedalable seated” for me. So there’s no faffng, push the button, sit, done.

speckledbob
    Free Member

The travel limiter is for limiting the travel

Brilliant! 🙂

granny_ring

That collar thing sounds like a good idea for both reasons mentioned.

robarnold
    Free Member

Onzadog I’ve got a spare hose guide that I got with my Stealth but don’t need. Drop me an email (in profile) if you want it, just send me the postage by PayPal

robarnold
    Free Member

Double post! D’oh!

robarnold
    Free Member

Triple post! D’oh!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer rob but I’m a stubborn principled bastard. Wiggle will sort this out whether they want to or not.

markgraylish
    Free Member

That’s called the enduro collar……

Yes, mine is permanently attached to my Reverb…I’ve never actually needed the full 125mm of travel so the collar is fixed to allow about 50mm of drop which is sufficient for 90% of my riding…

Scamper
    Free Member

Got mine from wiggle yesterday and with a combo of The little black noddules and zip ties I’m surprised how tidy the cabling is – will have to look at the other plastic collars mentioned above.

The return on the slowest setting is non existant after shortening the hose, so I presume air got in and it needs a bleed?

mattjg
    Free Member
    mattjg
    Free Member

The travel limiter is for limiting the travel
    Brilliant!

Sometimes around here one has to state the bloomin’ obvious.

grum
    Free Member

The travel limiter is for limiting the travel. Mine is set at 25mm which is “down but still pedalable seated” for me. So there’s no faffng, push the button, sit, done.

You bought a reverb to only ever drop the seat post by 25mm? 😕

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I never understood why RS bothered to develop all these bits and bobs to go with the post but then never put anything in the handbook to tell people how to actually use them!

mattjg
    Free Member

You bought a reverb to only ever drop the seat post by 25mm?

It’s early days and I’m still experimenting but so far I find that’s what I use.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I find I can get a nice one inch drop on my lev by pressing the button and dropping my heel as far as I can. Just enough for the peddaly stuff but still have full drop for silly stuff.

iainc

just found this thread, which is answering a few queries for me too !

so the silver collar – fit or sling in the camelbak ?

andyl
    Free Member

why don’t the OEM ones come with some of those bits?

I can understand the lack of the travel limiter and bleed kit but all I got was the cable guide, an MMX bit and a red tube cover for when routing the hose without the remote on the end.

I’d quite like the bit to fill in the gap in the clamp 🙁

legend
    Free Member

I’ll sell you one for £20

Iain, if you want to limit the travel then fit it. If not, leave it in the camelbak or the house

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Any chance those limiters could scratch up the post? Not the sort of thing you’d wrap around a fork stanchion, when most folk are worried about even using a cable tie to measure travel.

legend
    Free Member

Probably, if its not on tight enough to act as an end-stop it’s gonna move. Would have to guess that the chances of scratching would be pretty high if it did move with a riders weight shoving it along

iainc

There’s a black alu block with a hole through it is for the clamp. The bolt goes through the hole.

I’d quite like the bit to fill in the gap in the clamp

just found that bit in the box and fitted it 😛

limiter thingy – in the camelebak in case of emergencies, thanks

legend
    Free Member

Congratulations, you just made your bike heavier for no reason 😉

iainc

LOL 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Ok, got the Wiggle Reverb; what…’ is closed to new replies.