Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Ohhh dear I'm in trouble with the missus (but don't worry she's never on here).
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

After buying a chumba HX1 and all the bits to go on it last month which she still doesn’t know about (and buying 2 other bikes in the last 12 months). I’ve only gone and done it again……….

New Toy

Her reaction when I mentioned I was thinking about it was “but you’re moving home in september and we don’t live bny the sea, so that’s £85/month!”, now usualy I’d come back with “well that’s £50/month cheeper than your gym membership you never use, weight watchers you pay for on DD and never go to and Sky subscription to watch one football game a week”, but I used that to justify buying the last bike.

Gimmie some inpiration STW! Otherwise it’s “I’m too busy being 25 to wory about a house deposit”, which won’t go down well!

DezB
    Free Member

now usually I’d come back with “well that’s £50/month cheeper than your gym membership you never use, weight watchers you pay for on DD and never go

Usually eh? I bet! 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheaper than my land rover habit…..

i still dont have a road going vehicle 😀

portlyone

Tell her it’s for your trip to Hawaii

mrmo
    Free Member

You are a bloke, you are wrong, don’t bother with logic.

Just to reitterate, YOU ARE WRONG.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Usually eh? I bet!

It usualy results in her not speeking to me for a few days, which also means I get a few days to ride arround on the new bike, win-win!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Buy her a toy to keep her happy.

IMO unless she’s also into surfing and looking forward to spending weekends in tents then what you’ve done is waste some money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I actualy built her a bike recently, a dialled holeshot. She was about as impressed as I would be if she’d bought me a pair of stilleto heels.

trail_rat
    Free Member

a dialed holeshot – is that like homers bowling ball ?

wombat

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I actualy built her a bike recently, a dialled holeshot. She was about as impressed as I would be if she’d bought me a pair of stilleto heels.

I don’t think that was the sort of “toy” that TSY meant 😈 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I actualy built her a bike recently

Holy shit you’re useless!! Thanks wombat.

Seriously go to Ann Summers and buy her some excitement.

alex222
    Free Member

I had this problem. My missus left me. Anyway I get to do what I want all the time. It just so happens what I want is sobbing to myself to sleep under a cold shower.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I call it ‘the terminator’. First I crouch down in the shower in the classic ‘naked terminator traveling through time’ pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg . The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

– Alex222 2012 :mrgreen:

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. I thought a “dialed holshot” you did actually buy from Ann Summers..

“wonders”

Junkyard
    Free Member

now usualy I’d come back with “well that’s £50/month cheeper than your gym membership you never use, weight watchers you pay for on DD and never go to and Sky subscription to watch one football game a week”,

And you are still together?

I suggest you either discuss your purchases with your partner or agree that you can do whatever you want with your own money though I think Yeti explains it well.

letmetalktomark

philconsequence – Member

I call it ‘the terminator’. First I crouch down in the shower in the classic ‘naked terminator traveling through time’ pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg . The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

– Alex222 2012

Tea all over monitor …… 😆

alex222
    Free Member

I don’t stand up; just weep until there are no more tears.

scaredypants

now usualy I’d come back with “well that’s £50/month cheeper than your gym membership you never use, weight watchers you pay for on DD and never go to and Sky subscription to watch one football game a week”,

[quote]… so button it, fatty[/quote]
    That should cover it this time round

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m sure Homer Simpson could help you out here.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That should cover it this time round

and leave the jubilee weekend free for riding/surfing winner!

emsz
    Free Member

Tell her what you want to buy beforehand….

LoLing at Alex, soz but that is funny. Ann summers is soooo tacky, Love Honey for toys 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Emsz – small steps with this one.

alex222
    Free Member

It is tongue in cheek you know. The shower is warm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tell her what you want to buy beforehand….

I did, she said no, I bought it anyway 🙂

Our relationship is doomed on so many levels.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

alex222 – Member
    It is tongue in cheek you know.

I was going to search google images for a pic of a prosphetic tongue…

alex222
    Free Member

do you mean prosthetic?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah… good job I didn’t search, eh?

bigdawg
    Free Member

how close exaclty do you live to the sea… or to a coastline with a break, your profile would suggest not very….?!?!

strackbaz
    Free Member

I’ve had a similar situation recently. This is how I tackled it – Planning & logistics! I bought a frame off here 7 months ago with the idea of building it up slowly by the end of this year. Well, I was getting fed up waiting and it’s now recently built ahead of schedule. All I had to do was hide it from the missus until the build started.

So it slept in a dark corner of the loft until a few weeks ago, then when she was out, smuggled it to the lbs along with amassed bits. Bike is kept in the shed / car and my plan is to slowly introduce it over the next few weeks…..might go down the line of “yeah, decided to paint the frame, was getting fed up with blue”.

So far, I’m successful in my deceit. I know, it sounds terrible, but she is addicted to that Groupon crap and I don’t give her any flak for. And I know she tries to hide vouchers from me….badly 🙄

Either fess up, take some abuse with the potential of losing her forever….or hide it from her. 😉

alex222
    Free Member

crying myself to sleep in the shower is sounding somewhat better than hiding bike bits/surfboards for fear of getting chastised.

wwaswas

might go down the line of “yeah, decided to paint the frame, was getting fed up with blue”.

schoolboy error. always buy the same colour as the last one.

My wife couldn’t even tell you how many bikes I owned, tbh.

Recently, as long as I keep pushign money into the gaping maw that is our joint account like it’s a baby gannet on speed I seem to be able to do what I want with the residue sloshing around in my account.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont get it you share your lidfe with someone and then you lie to them

Makes no sense
    No secrets is my rule.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

how close exaclty do you live to the sea… or to a coastline with a break, your profile would suggest not very….?!?!

I can see the sea from my front door 🙂

Pro tour coming to town

dont get it you share your lidfe with someone and then you lie to them

I haven’t told her that I’ve not bouught a surfboard. And I did tell her I was looking at one last night. If she choses to react negatively to that information that’s upto her 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Spoony you’re young etc… I’d advise you split up with your Mrs rather than wasting any more of either of your lives.

Seriously.

strackbaz
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    might go down the line of “yeah, decided to paint the frame, was getting fed up with blue”.

schoolboy error. always buy the same colour as the last one.

You learn something new everyday 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d advise you split up

haha, if I ever entertained that idea I’d have to pre-plan it by about 6 months just to get all my shit out of the garrage!

rockitman

In October I bought a Morewood Makulu frame… selling a complete Scandal 29er to go some way toward funding my DH habit. That was the last rash thing I did. Since then, I’ve bought very little. Why? Because I’ve started discussing it with the missus and everytime I discuss it we realise I don’t need whatever it is I want to buy.

It’s hard but I’ve rid myself of all debt and paid for a wedding 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

I cannot describe how exciting this paragraph is.

I thought I was alone.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

bravo

oliverd1981
    Free Member

haha, if I ever entertained that idea I’d have to pre-plan it by about 6 months just to get all my shit out of the garage!

Here’s you problem – I don’t go in her wardrobes – she doesn’t go in my garage. Easy.

I’s got to be a hot shower for “The Terminator”, unless you have dry ice..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ohhh dear I'm in trouble with the missus (but don't worry she's never on here).’ is closed to new replies.