Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • ohh poooo, shoot me now…
  • iDave
    Free Member

OK, so…. I did it. Thanks for the advice uys….

The marathon section involved 2 huge mountains, and several swamps. Finished that with blistered feet and bruised ankle. Time was 6'47" which we're told equated to 3'40' on a normal marathon course…. the next 36 miles took a while! The course was brutal. Finish time 18'29", 1 minute inside the limit. I guess I'm an Ultra runner now.. Will be back next year better prepared.

Result was…. blisters over balls of both feet, both little toes entirely blistered, ankle bruised and swollen, pissing and shitting blood for a day, but apart form that I was fine. Frustrated that blistered feet made me walk when my fitness was good enough to run.

Mongolia was amazing, heaven on earth. Will post some photos when I recover from the 28 hour drive across a big field back to the capital. Just had a great $10 massage..

I didn't do this for fun, its for charidee – so go here and give away your money – I will recover without a breakthrough in medical knowledge – some people won't

Jamie
    Free Member

I am just about to drag myself out for a 9 mile run. I now feel somewhat insignificant.

Well down done mate, might have a look at this myself next year………erm.

willard

Bloody good going! I'm really impressed and, if I wasn't in bed with a cuppa, I'd be tempted to go out and have a run myself.

roper
    Free Member

Brilliant!!
    1 minute inside the cut off? It sounds like there was some serious digging deep going on. Welcome to the ultra runner club. You will never see running the same again 🙂
    How are your hunger attacks?

If you plan on doing another race I can recommend the Ronda101.

http://www.lalegion101.es/
    Not much on the site yet, give it towards the end of the year.

there are some photos here (and loads more clips on youtube)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV1X3ejQTg0&feature=fvw

The race is in May and very well organised by la Legion (Spanish Legionnaires.) Lots of food stations and medical support. Every town is lined with well wishers and some of the mountainous views are outstanding.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘ohh poooo, shoot me now…’ is closed to new replies.