Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Oh yes….it's that time of year again!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Asparagus is back in season!

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom. And nom.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Does it make your wee smell funny.???

IdleJon

I've got some for tea/dinner, when I get home…….

and yes it does make my wee smell funny!

ton

just had liver, sausage, mash, cabbage, carrots and asparagus….. 8)

bigG
    Free Member

My Mrs says it makes my sex wee taste funny, well funnier than normal,,,,

G

hh45
    Free Member

and rhubarb.

IdleJon

It makes rhubarb smell funny?

Kuco

I must be one of the only ones who thinks asparagus is very overrated.

roper
    Free Member

No, it makes his sex rhubarb smell funny.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bigG. Pineapple makes that taste nicer, apparently.

I also gather that the asparagus/wee thing only affects chaps. Any ladies care to comment?

And finally, Ton – WTF? I mean, really, WTF? You mask the delicate deliciousness of the tasty spears under all that (admittedly nice sounding!) stuff? Have it as a starter, steamed until just soft then served with a snifter of melted butter and perhaps a drop or two of lemon juice. Then nosh on yer bangers and mash!

Kuco

A bloke at work dips it in his boiled egg.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kuco, he has fine taste! It's also very good with a duck egg. Soft boiled, of course!

ziggy
    Free Member

Weirdly only the ones who get smelly wee from asparagus can smell it, whereas the ones that don't, can't.

I that makes sense…

trailmonkey

wonderful with prosciutto on a bechamel sauce pizza.

Tinners

Coat the spears with olive oil, place them on a smoking hot griddle and turn once. A few seconds before you remove them, squeeze freshly cut lemon over the little blighters then place on a hot plate. Pick the spears up with your fingers and dip them in balsamic vinegar. If it dribbles down your chin, even better. All you need then is a chilled glass of wine, good company and a fine sunset.

Pigface
    Free Member

Tasty spears sounds a bit gay 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I'm sorry, but I can't stand the stuff!

Davy
    Free Member

Kuco, you're not the only one. I just don't get it. It's not that I don't like asparagus, far from it. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. The nice things you can put on it are far nicer than the asparagus itself.

As for it's notorious effects, yes. It very much does.

ononeorange

I have it on extremely good lady-authority that the wee thing doesn't just affect us chaps.

And I also think rocket has a similar effect.

bigG
    Free Member

four packets of Jaffa cakes makes it taste orangey, and cola cubes make it taste well colacubey,

I love finding these things out then persuading the Mrs to let me try.

Pineapple is a new one. I thank you, I'm off to Asda/Tesco etc to buy as many as I can buy……

roper
    Free Member

The aroma of asparagus in ones potty water is down to genetics. We all produce the scent but only the lucky ones can smell it.
    eye fink dats rite anthoo.

Oh and lemons for the other topic.

MrOvershoot

Love the stuff as does the wife (and it makes both our wee smell) probably TMI but you did ask.

Got some fresh picked from a local farm this afternoon 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

status report, two pineapples is enough acid to make any grown man sick.

this had better work or I think i might be sick

PJ266
    Free Member

bigG – Youre my hero.

slimtubing
    Free Member

i knew a girl who wouldn't eat black olives "'cos they taste like diddle-juice".
    bigG get on with it and report back.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about taking a wander around the City of London with Oakleys on!

BigDummy
    Free Member

So did I, but I wasn't disappointed. It contains the word "diddle-juice", status reports from a man who is force-feeding himself pineapple before ejaculating on his wife to let her savour the flavour, and another description of what powers Ton. All in all, pretty good. 8)

Mounty_73

Sugar Puffs make your wee smell 😉

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

four packets of Jaffa cakes makes it taste orangey, and cola cubes make it taste well colacubey,

I love finding these things out then persuading the Mrs to let me try.

you have ask your missus to let you taste it? euugh

bigG
    Free Member

Gents, I have good news, pineapple's work (according to the Mrs it tastes "surprisingly fruity"). For the record I'm being guided by her advice and have never sneaked a taste you sickos.

The not so good news is that two pineapples will shoot through you and clear you out like a chilli loaded suppository. A small price to pay in my opinion.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have no understanding of how any man can get to adulthood without tasting his own semen. Are you completely devoid of curiosity? 😉

Drac

I'm not a veggie fan hate most of them but Asparagus is marvellous stuff, Captain you were do well until you mentioned boiling until just soft. It needs bite man some crispiness in there. My favourite is done on BBQ roll it around quickly for a few seconds and then season well cover in butter and enjoy.

theotherjonv

this was a great thread until BD 5 mins ago.

bigG
    Free Member

BD, I'm curious about how it would feel to lick a porcupine, but I've made it to middle age without trying it out. TBH I'm not even slightly curious about how the other stuff tastes.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about taking a wander around the City of London with Oakleys on!

I think it's one of those times, when you open a thread only to realise within a few posts, that it's gone Horribly Wrong. 🙁

BoardinBob

Had some last night.

Wrapped in Serrano Ham then on the George Foreman for 7 minutes. Served with some shaved parmesan, lemon juice and sea salt. 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

I shall resist the (considerable) temptation to make all this even worse. 😉

BigJohn

Tinners's method is the best for out of season or imported asparagus but melted butter or hollandaise is what I prefer on the sublime English spears.

And this is from a bloke who wraps streaky bacon round his scallops and then grills them.

BoardinBob

I have no understanding of how any man can get to adulthood without tasting his own semen. Are you completely devoid of curiosity?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Oh yes….it's that time of year again!’ is closed to new replies.