Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Oh s**t!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

makes me really angry that such an important service is being cut.

Don’t be so negative………obviously the Conservative/Liberal Democrat Coalition has discovered a cure for mental illness, and therefore Mitch’s unit is no longer required – why else would funding be withdrawn ffs ? Don’t you guys listen to Dave and Nick ? …….. the cuts will tough but fair.

I have to say, this government is preforming much better than I had expected. Perhaps next Dave and Nick can get on with finding a cure for known causes of crime ……… we’ll save a fortune when we no longer need to spend all that money on the police.

Woody
    Free Member

That’s crap news 🙁

It stinks, we need more of these units not less and the care will be handed over to the private sector or “care in the communit

……………….from where my lot will get them, who in turn will pass them to A&E, who will have nowhere to place them for treatment, so they get put back into the community from where my lot will get them, who in turn ……………….. ……………….

Edit

Perhaps next Dave and Nick can get on with finding a cure for known causes of crime ……… we’ll save a fortune when we no longer need to spend all that money on the police.

True Ernie but have you considered how many of them, not to mention locksmiths and prison officers would then be claiming unemployment benefit? You really haven’t thought it through like D @ N have you!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

have you considered how many of them, not to mention locksmiths and prison officers would then be claiming unemployment benefit?

Oh ye who have so little faith. The whole point of these tough but fair cuts, is to give the economy a **** good sort out.

Once Dave and Nick have done that, and implemented their tough but fair cuts, there will of course be no unemployment……..we will be living in a thriving economy where everyone is earning shedloads. And we will be the envy of the world.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll just need to get some s**t flinging tips from elfinsafety!

Ensure a reasonable solidity in the stool, and a catapult is a handy tool to give you some proper range, or close-up power.

I think it’s time a person’s voting history was included in their medical notes. Would make it easier for overworked NHS staff facing redundancy to ‘prioritise’ their patients…

philconsequence
    Free Member

WHat score on the bristol stool scale elfin?

Any one up for a bomber parade in support of bMitch? YOu bring the bombers and I’ll round up the local incontinent cats.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well, curiouser and curiouser. We got an e-mail from the wife’s brother yesterday (he’s an OT in Melbourne), asking if we we’re still considering emigration, as we’d mentioned it in the past. Turns out the unit he works at is crying out for nurses with forensic experience, which has been my speciality for about fifteen of my twenty-odd years career – they’re also offering excellent relocation and visa packages. While discussing this, we got a call from the in-laws, telling us they had more or less finished sorting out the details of my wife’s late grandfathers will, and that we could expect a ‘substantial sum’. Holiday to Oz in January to see what we think? Too f*****g right!

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 B’Mitch…. thats made my morning! sounds like an incredible opportunity, take me with you?

sometimes things just seem to fall into place in life 8)

Woody
    Free Member

Karma m8

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’m sure there will be folk on here that will flame me for thinking this, but it feels like fate or something ridiculous – what are the odds eh? We’ve been going on about Oz for years, but to be honest, couldnt really afford a fact finding trip (two adults and two kids, expensive flights, etc).

thomthumb
    Free Member

sometimes things just happen at the right time. karma.

RS4KEV

fate or someone upstairs looking after you

whatever it is, seems like a plan so……

what tyres for Oz?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

every cloud….

Good luck, sounds like a brilliant opportunity

Tiger6791

Holiday to Oz in January

Now Mitch, I’ve been to Barnsley and I’ve been to Oz (Port Jackson, Cairns, Reef, etc,) they are very similar to Barnsley in many ways really.

Old Mill lane by the river where PC world is and The Harbour with the Opera house are practically identical 🙂 in every way.

🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

You know tiger, I’ve thought the very same thing. Uluru / Grimethorpe slagheaps are easily confused at first glance. And the accents are so similar -“strewth old cock, put another prawn on t’barbie”.

Tiger6791

Enjoy Oz, it’s bloody paradise on Earth, still not entirley sure why I don’t live there or San Francisco.

London is very drizzly today

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Fate / karma its a marvelous thing. Got made redundant Sept 09 and everything in my life has got better ever since, got a new job, earn more money, get to work from home, moved from Manchester to Devon.

Keep a positive attitude and if you are good at your job and pleasent to employ work will always find you.

Oz sounds like a fantastic opertunity, best of luck.

molgrips
    Free Member

Enjoy Oz, it’s bloody paradise on Earth

Eh?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Just to add to the ‘inspired’ way the trust has handled this situation, I’ve just been informed of a meeting next monday to discuss ‘community rehabilitation options’. Strange thing is, nobody from the rehab team has been invited … 🙄

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

what a load of nonsense spouted by ernie lynch!! Do you have any healthcare experience?? i’m not a labour supporter btw, but this myth that the NHS is ringfenced from cuts is a lie.

what will happen is that people with severe mental illness will be dumped in squalid and unsuitable accomadation with little or no observation. Thay will almost certainly relapse or get involved in crime due to their innappropriate placement. But who cares a a few schizophrenics die/ or someones mum gets attacked by a psychotic patient. Not you clearly. Well so long as cameron and osbourne can balance the books that’s fine i suppose

it’s not negativity – it’s being realistic.

dazzlingboy

Bad luck mate – keep the chin up and all the best.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dr Nick did something just go woosh over your head? or mine?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I think ernie was being ironicalist.

MH rehab patients sorry, customers will be the last to complain about the rubbish deal that happens to their services (often because the insight they don’t have into their lifestyles means they don’t always believe that they need them) and the last in the queue for the polling booth to vote for change about it. All too many people that needthis sort of help are ‘dealt with’ by the criminal justice system or rough sleepers already.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

RS4KEV – Member

Can’t be that, this is atheisttrackworld after all. Fate, yes, but no chance of divine intervention.

kaesae
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that BarnsleyMitch! seems like I’ve been saying that a lot to people lately. Incompetent leadership and hardship go together, like assholes and shit.

I guess all you can do is pick up the pieces of your life, make them into what ever you can and start over again. That said, stay focused on what you have and make the most of the moments. At the end of the day, the moments are all we ever have and they pass very quickly.

Looking back at my life now, it seems like the blind of an eye!

Woody
    Free Member

Dr Nick did something just go woosh over your head? or mine?

I’ve just read it 3 times and can only surmise that he is suffering from sleep deprivation or, due to his new found inability to spell, that his a/c has been hacked.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Mitch – just seen this threat – shit news they are winding up your unit – there is a lot of it about – our Dementia assessment unit has been “mothballed” – apparently some bean counter felt that it had less the 85% occupancy so it merged with one at the other end of the district
    Hope the Oz thing works out – we seem to have lost a lot of staff down there
    As a CPN we have quite the opposite problem – as they reduce bed we have to manage increasing numbers of increasingly complex and acutely ill people at home – the vision is to create larger multi functional teams – were currently manage traditional CMHT service plus Memory Assessment & Treatment – they want use to develop a liaison service in to both general hospital and independent sector – with no extra staff and smaller budgets
    I’ve never had such a large complex or varied caseload – not sure how I would manage any more
    Stacking shelves seems more attractive day by day

RS4KEV

RS4KEV – Member

Can’t be that, this is atheisttrackworld after all. Fate, yes, but no chance of divine intervention.

Of course, i forgot. Maybe he lives in a ground floor flat then 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what a load of nonsense spouted by ernie lynch!! Do you have any healthcare experience??

😕 What bit of my post are you disputing ?

And yes, I do have some “healthcare experience” as it happens……the last time was a couple of years ago when I landed in A&E with a fracture back after a minicab hit me on the club run.

And I have to say that the care was excellent. Although the experience not so.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Oh s**t!’ is closed to new replies.