Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oh, so that's what you all mean by a punishment pass!
  • MoreCashThanDash

I know I’m usually Mr Smug, I never have any trouble when I’m riding, I don’t react to bad drivers since I was assaulted, I need to maintain my zen lime calm at all times.

But if that **** in the Seat Leon cuts me up when I’m in primary position on a bus/cycle lane – that’s a BUS and CYCLE you **** imbecile – and then pulls in to let me pass so you can do it again, next time I will stay calm and get your full numberplate.

And it had been such a lovely ride in up till then, as well. 🙄

wilburt
    Free Member

Sod zen have his/her mirrors.

cookeaa

Had a Lorry driver dish out some punishment the other week, emailed his employers, I specifically didn’t ask for a response, or any pretence that they were going to discipline him, just that they tell him, from me, that He’s a **** and needs to hand back his driving licence…

Your right though OP, generally no point in getting wound up, but sometimes the old fight or flight gets the better of you…

daver27
    Free Member

so long as you don’t come off, stay calm and relish the fact that you have annoyed them that much, they will be more annoyed than you.

antigee

I always like to describe it as punishment pass AKA “coward’s pass” in the vain hope it will invade the internet and at some point into the over dense heads of those that do it
    — reads more like DGF driving though

jambalaya
    Free Member

Go Pro ? If he’s doing it twice that’s premeditated and worth a police report I would say

MoreCashThanDash

First time I’ve ever wished I used a camera….

GrahamS

Is it a permanent bus/cycle lane or one of those that only operates at certain hours?

I know they introduced cameras on them in Edinburgh to cut down on the number of people driving in them illegally – and that kicked up the usual nonsense about “stealth tax” and “war on motorists” 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a scary one myself the other week, van driver moving in toward me after taking offence at being overatken I presume.

Followed him home and gave him a mouthful about trying to knock me off, only to hear “you cyclists are all the same”.

Not the smartest attitude to take considering I know where he lives and which van he drives.

D0NK

I know I’m usually Mr Smug, I never have any trouble when I’m riding,

welcome to the fold, sorry you had to join us but happy there wasn’t any pain involved.

Not a punishment pass but the other week I did have a bloke handbrake turn infront of me, jump out and shout sommat along the lines of “come on if you think your hard enough” – reported, which GMP have completely ignored

Oh and a nurse pulled out of stationary traffic as I was overtaking her this morning (it reminded me I need to adjust my brakes – now done)

MoreCashThanDash

Permanent 24 hour bus lane, but lots of breaks in it for side roads. I can understand out of towners getting caught out by the stop start sections. A52 in Nottingham between Bramcote and Priory islands, for any locals.

Bus lane abuse is pretty rare at 7.15 in the morning, even though the other two lanes are gridlocked. But the ASL box at the Priory island traffic lights would be a cash cow for the authorities if they enforced it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oh, so that's what you all mean by a punishment pass!’ is closed to new replies.