Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Oh no ….. PayPal don't like me!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just arrived in my inbox:

Subject: Your Account Has Been Frozen Resolve This Now or It Weel be Deleted !
    Dear Customer.

Unfortunately, your online access has been blocked.
    It has come to our attention that your account billing informations records are out of date.
    That requires you to verify your billing information for some security reasons.
    Failure to verify your records will result an account suspension.
    click the link below and enter your login information on the following page to confirm your billing information records.

I hate upsetting PP so I’m straight off to click on that link and update my informations records 😉

Jesus – at least they could spell correctly!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mexicans?

toppers3933
    Free Member

The problem is that quite a few people fall for this kind of shite.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too have had about 10 of those mails in the last 2 months, I’ve reported it to PP and got a “fankz” reply. Not a lot to do apart from block the sender I reckon.

Gitz eh. 🙄

samunkim
    Free Member

The spelling mistakes are actually kind of deliberate.

It’s a kind of stupidity pre-filter.

allthegear
    Free Member

Having dealt with PayPal on a number of occasions in an commerce setting, I wouldn’t be surprised if the email was genuine!

Rachel

bruneep

Your Account Has Been Frozen

Let it go

fooman

Send me your email & password, I’ll sort it out for you.

nickc

@bruneep

I see what you did there… 🙂

CountZero

bruneep – Member
    Your Account Has Been Frozen
    Let it go

sharkbait
    Free Member

Even classier:

Re-confirm your Identify
    Hello PayPal user,
    Recently, we have detected different logins to your account from different country followed by some illegals buys and we think that the hackers have hacked it, so we have suspended your account.

What do I need to do?
    Open your account by clicking to “update” button, and remember to update your informations after logging in. We will give you 3 days to update your informations or we will suspend your account forever.

Sincerely,
    PayPal

P.S:the following button contains a special link that give you the possibility to open your suspended account, but you should not login from the page in official website because that can suspend your account forever.

oh no’s – suspended forever!

MSP

Trouble is too many companies are still sending links in their actual official emails and “training” their customers into behaviours that will more likely make them victim’s.

I just looked at my last email from paypal, and while the main body states “To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account” it also provides a link in the top right hand corner to go directly to the transaction.

Stoner
    Free Member

The other day I was waiting in the counter queue at my bank.

Listening to a v naive old man trying to explain how he thinks he might need to raise a fraud complaint after he’d paid Microsoft in India £180 via Western Union to remove some viruses from his PC….

they’re sitting ducks, some people.

maccruiskeen

Trouble is too many companies are still sending links in their actual official emails and “training” their customers into behaviours that will more likely make them victim’s.

All too common, had to give santander’s security team a row recently for wanting to id check me over the phone, on an unsolicited call, by reading out whole 16 digit number from my card.

Klunk
    Free Member

aye I don’t like the BT “Your latest bill is ready to see online” emails they send out it primes people into thinking that phishing emails are legit.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Trouble is too many companies are still sending links in their actual official emails

The thing that winds me up is when they send links to other domains, for things like surveys. They’re training people to click on anything. I write back and tell them I’m not browsing (via link or otherwise) to anywhere other than their registered domain; if they want to provide a link from their landing page, or even auto-forward, that’s fine, at least I know it’s really them. I suppose I’m assuming that somebody simultaneously compromising their website and sending email to customers is unlikely.

RDL-82
    Free Member

too common, had to give santander’s security team a row recently for wanting to id check me over the phone, on an unsolicited call, by reading out whole 16 digit number from my card.

Had similar with Natwest a few years ago. Private number rings introduces as fraud team then proceeds to ask for name, dob, address etc. Asked them to give me some info first to reassure myself, they flatly refused so ended the call. Rang the fraud line myself and it seems they were genuinely trying to reach me, told them they have a funny way of going about it. Very different these days so maybe they’ve seen the error of their ways.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Oh no ….. PayPal don't like me!’ is closed to new replies.