Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Oh no, I nearly killed Sharki!
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Took Sharki out round my local trails this morning. On the way down one rutted descent alongside a field he lost his front wheel a bit in a rut and was pitched sideways. On to the top of a barbed wire fence. Not wanting to spoil his looks he made sure his neck landed on two of the barbs. Thankfully it wasn’t as bad as it could have been, just a couple of small gashes, and he lives to smile another day. Well done Sharki, the look on that ladies face in the cafe was pretty good.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Puncture wounds to the neck you say?

You are nosferatu and I claim my £5

Diane
    Free Member

Steven – please be careful with him or there will be a lot of us who will have to get you 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

That’s what friends are for – killing!

jam-bo

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Ambrose

He’ll be OK for Haloween make-up then

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yeah, I may have to stop taking folk from STW out for rides. Nearly lost the artist formerly known as Glupton etc, in a blizzard last winter. And I watched HouseHusband have a huge stack doing 30+mph this summer, luckily he hit soft sand rather than some of the rocks that were about. Thought we were going to have to get him airlifted out. Sharki managed a nice big lunch afterwards so he should be mending nicely. He should borrow a more sensible bike next time 😉

Diane
    Free Member

You’d never lose Glupton 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

He must have been on a go slow, or had the wrong legs for three foot of snow.

coastkid
    Free Member

im not taking you on a beach ride then 😉
    get well soon sharki 😮

sharki
    Free Member

Error number 1. Excess carbon and bar ends.
    Error number 2. Gears and flat bars.
    Error number 3. XTR, fulcrum and super fast rolling not so knobbly tyres.
    Error number 4. Enjoying it.

Add all these together and you get some photos from a malarky in Midlothian.

I’ll ease you in with a gory pic.

Looking at this photo was the first time i’ve actually seen the beardage.

Nae to bad really, i’ve had worse and certainly seen worse bleeding gash’s.

It was a very nice day.

With a very nice tea stop, setting.

Thanks for a top day Steve.

I then went to get worked over by mr and mrs surrounded by zulu’s.
    Between the two of them they decided that i was wonky and needed a severe rubbing and applied pressure.

I can honestly say she doesn’t like meat as i now feel like an over tenderised piece of steak.

Also after, forced movement of my once badly hyper extended knee, it would be apparent it’s not as unstable as it was before i embarked on a 650mile hikeathon.

All in all a corking day.
    I’ve ridden road, off road, eaten well, wined, leg hugged, therapised, beered and slashed….just another day really. Ahhhhhhhhhh! 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s either the camera position or you have a freakily long neck sharki!

aracer
    Free Member

Those cuts you can see are nothing to do with barbed wire – they’re where the surgeons put in the neck extension.

jam-bo

So what body armour for neck wounds?

goog
    Free Member

bar ends 😯 we’re finished !

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

If you’d have had excess garlic for tea, you wouldn’t have had to make up a story about how you got the marks on your neck 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It was a lovely day for a bike ride. Must get out more, I was struggling to keep up.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Mere flesh wound. Man up. 😛

sharki
    Free Member

Goog. Bar ends rule for sprinting up hills 😉

Jambo. I feel sorry for any animal that gets cut on that same piece of wire, gawd knows what it’ll catch.

DGOAB. Garlic? I may go the extra mile when it comes to not attracting the opposite sex, but i draw the line at smelling of garlic.

Steve. Rubbish, you were cruising it and on a ss.

SBZ. Glad to report no agony after last nights beatings.

Houns

Ooof

Tetanus jab?

sharki
    Free Member

I don’t do meds Houns.
    So long as the wounds are cleaned out all will be fine.

Houns

:salute:

I’ll reply to your mail shortly

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don’t think they give you more than one tetanus jab nowadays.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t think they give you more than one tetanus jab nowadays.

They do, but you only need one every 10 years – I got asked recently when I stuck a stanley knife in my leg and had to be glued back together, but know I had one in 2003 when I made a complete mess of my face coming off my bike, so didn’t get another.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Oh no, I nearly killed Sharki!’ is closed to new replies.