Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • oh look, it's the SAS, flippin heck, don't tell Burka Durka
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

OK, I promise I won't tell anyone where the SAS HQ is.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Although I will tell you where TinyURL is :

http://tinyurl.com/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 @ ernie

Isn't it somewhere in Hertfordhire?

iDave
    Free Member

it's not twitter ernie, so i don't need tiny website address conversion link thing. thanks anyway

LeeW

So that's where the good guys live!

Just got to find the baddies now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can't tell you Deadly.

And I can't tell you what colour the boathouse is either.

I would rather die.

Houns

Hmm that image was blocked earlier. Nightfreight can also be seen entering SIS – Hmmm covert transportation of staff? 😉

Northwind

Don't think we have that much to fear from terrorists who're too slack to just drive over and have a look tbh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The eagle has nested in the boathouse ernie. Sssshhhhh!

[taps nose]

AlasdairMc

ernie

how the f*** should I know what colour the boathouse is?

(have I quoted correctly?)

molgrips
    Free Member

What have I learned by seeing an image of a totally faceless secure compound that could be anything?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

There isn't a boathouse

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well molgrips, according to Paul Keetch MP for Hereford :

"If you are a terrorist and you can get a detailed photo of a military installation for free online, that's bound to encourage you to think maybe I can break in there."

Although if I was a terrorist, I would stick to "terrorising" people by blowing up planes, buses, underground trains, etc. And resist the temptation of breaking into establishments housing large amounts of well trained and armed men.

But maybe that's just me ……… and I'd make a pisspoor terrorist.

Gary_C

a totally faceless secure compound that could be anything?

Yes,it could be anything.

But the sniper positioned in one of the trees,may,just may,mark the place out as something 'special'.

Strangelove
    Free Member

My sister lives very near that none existent army training camp. One time I was visiting we went to take her dog for a walk on the heath that overlooks the camp and you can see inside.
    Its not very interesting.

duntmatter
    Free Member

They can't be that bothered if this thread is still going. Unless that noise you just heard outside your window is them coming to 'moderate'.

duntmatter
    Free Member

They can't be that bothered if this thread is still going. Unless that noise you just heard outside your window is them coming to 'moderate'.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Ooh, my first double post..

*Dons tin foil hat*

samuri
    Free Member

Although if I was a terrorist, I would stick to "terrorising" people by blowing up planes, buses, underground trains, etc. And resist the temptation of breaking into establishments housing large amounts of well trained and armed men.

But maybe that's just me ……… and I'd make a pisspoor terrorist.

Well, precisely. Terrorism doesn't work by targetting soldiers. It works by targetting civilians. You'd have to be the daftest terrorist on earth to terrise Britian's special forces. You'd either fail and die or succeed and incur the worlds nastiest revenge attack ever.

backhander
    Free Member

I understand that the boathouse was brown for a good while due to flooding!
    I'd imagine that the imaginary boathouse would be painted DPM because everyone knows that everything imaginary AND DPM is invisible.

atlaz
    Free Member

The best thing is, if you zoom out, it's actually MARKED British SAS

franksinatra

That theory didn't stop Al Queda having a pop at USS Cole which should be able to look after itself

nuke

On one part of the base, from the aerial view, is a large circular section…
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Credenhill&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.335749,39.418945&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Credenhill,+Hereford,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.079658,-2.798156&spn=0.001563,0.004823&t=h&z=18

What's that all about then?

…he asked casually…not wishing to draw attention

mattbee

Antennae of some sort? Patterns are made by the support cable anchor points.

nuke

Could be but that's a lot of anchor points (particularly with the little ones closer to the centre) and, although it's difficult to really see, the building doesn't look that tall.

brakes
    Free Member

there would be a much bigger shadow if it was antennae

allthepies
    Free Member

"Note at the far southern end of the Credenhill base the remains of a dismantled antenna array similar in layout to the famous Chicksands aerial system also featured in Secret Bases. It can be seen in extreme close-up on Windows Live Local. Following a major UK imagery update in June 2007, it can also be seen in high resolution on Google Earth."

http://www.secret-bases.co.uk/secret2.htm

nuke

Well that clears that one up 🙂

Nick

£20 says the bloke that runs secret bases is 45 and still lives with his mum.

molgrips
    Free Member

The pictures do tell you that it's SAS. But so what? All can see is a fence – woo! That's really gonna compromise national security!

Please note that Google Streetview only shows pictures taken from public roads…

iDave
    Free Member

to anyone who has posted, flippantly regarding covert and very secret military things, bear in mind that the last sound we hear will be the first sound they make. they hear us take a wee and watch us as we sleep….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

………now I'm getting frighten 😐

JulianA
    Free Member

What a self-important, ignorant, tw*t Paul Keech seems to be.

If the MOD ain't bothered what's it to anyone else?

scaredypants

they hear us take a wee and watch us as we sleep….

so that's why girls wee sitting down – terrorist bitches !

Sandwich

I like the fact there is a taste for adventure centre over the road to sucker people in.

beamers

Please note that Google Streetview only shows pictures taken from public roads…

Wrong.

They let them through the front gate at Blandford:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kl3ot

"now promise me you'll go around the roundabout and straight back out again"

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘oh look, it's the SAS, flippin heck, don't tell Burka Durka’ is closed to new replies.