Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oh i cant ride now……
  • goby

Ok went for a ride yesterday, was a nice day but gone one of the jumps wrong and now sitting at home looking at nice day for riding with broken collar bone!, they gave me some damn good pain killers though. Any of you done the same, as how long to heal as not seeing the fracture clinic till Friday.

bomberman
    Free Member

sorry to hear that mate, collar bones are very tricky. it took mine about a month until it was something like comfortable but gave me pain for quite a while after that. lying down (ie trying to sleep) was the worst thing. you can forget about riding for about a month.

soobalias
    Free Member

yeah ive done some good painkillers 🙂

collar bone kept me off the mtb for about 6weeks, was back to commuting on the road after 4.

goby

Yeah seems to quite a common thing to us desnt it, ah well got some dvds for xmas soon can watch what its like to ride on dry dusty trails! ahhh

Drac

Yup a good few years ago now takes 6-8 weeks to heal be a man and don’t take pain killers. I was never referred to the fracture clinic but then it wa a nice simple break.

bomberman
    Free Member

if the painkillers are tramadol you’re a lucky man

goby

Ah no just 30/500 codein, but they do the job. Sleep in the worst thing as it stiffens up, did any of you do exercises after a few weeks to help it strengthen up again?

bigsi
    Free Member

Strong painkiller = constipation 😥 .

Broke my collar bone in April 2008 when i got a bit carried away on the new bike (jump with big hole on the otherside of it saw me fly over the bars).

Had an op to pin it all back together and was back out riding 8 weeks later but had lost alot of fitness and put a bit of weight on so wish i had used the turbo trainer a bit more.

Good luck with the recovery process 😉

Del

you should see the physios after the fracture clinic. they’ll give you exercises to do. DO THEM. ask to see the physios again in a few weeks if they don’t offer – tell them you’re in training and you want to get better as quickly as possible, as for me, the contact with someone to tell me it was going back together ok was invaluable for morale. don’t leave it in one place all the time. take it out the sling. keep your pit ventilated. good luck with it. the pain is a distant memory now but i remember enough to know i don’t want to do it again.
    all the best.
    oh yeah – take a memory key in with you next time and get the pic! then post it. 🙂

goby

Ah cheers guys, shall ask all about that when i go on friday. Just watched earthed series and seasons.Damn good dvds!
    The bike still in car, yeah was a new bike too! well to me anyway a 456 with pikes, was jumping well till i didnt make the landing slope. 🙁

goby

Ah bummer just been in to hospital agian and got to have qperation on it as it has got to be put straight and plated on to my sholder as it has popped off.
    Doh wont be riding for a long while now! 🙁

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Broken scapula bone in shoulder, bl**dy painful for a number of weeks even with pain killers especially sleeping. No riding for 12, yes 12 weeks.
    Thought I could fly – WRONG ! Ouch.
    Fine now although still aches after hard ride or carrying bike on shoulder (Quantocks this weekend in the snow !)
    Just keep doing the exercises when you get to that point, without I def wouldnt have healed as well.
    Nasty business though.

Big-M
    Free Member

Go and see this guy,

http://www.physioclinic.net/

He knows his stuff, used by all the top MX and road race boys.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oh i cant ride now……’ is closed to new replies.