Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Oh discerning culinary STWers – places to eat in Harrogate
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I find it very disappointing, have us all give him all this great advice then not bother to report back.

Unless he got food poisoning….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think he’s just too shame faced to admit that he stuffed him self silly in Greggs, ruined his appetite and ignored all our advice

titaniumlover
    Free Member

I’ve seen this a it late so won’t bother with the advice but interested to hear where you went?

smogmonster

If you cant be arsed with pies, and fancy an Indian, Cardamom Black is amazing.

binners

Afternoon All

Christ this bloody unemployment lark is hard work. With all that Jeremy Kyle, Homes under the Hammer, lunchtime drinking and shoplifting, I’ve not even got time to post any nonsense on here.

Well…. we arrived later than expected in very Sunny Harrogate, then went out for a walk, to make the most of the weather. By the time we got back (beer gardens may have been involved) we were overcome with a fit of can’t-be-arsedness and decided to just eat in the pub where we were staying (The Kestrel).

And very nice it was too. The steaks were good, and more importantly, so was the wine list! 😀

So thanks again for the advice. Sorry I ignored you all. But it was a rare child-free weekend away, and extreme laziness was in order. We will be going back though. Harrogate is bloody lovely!!!

johndoh
    Free Member

If you cant be arsed with pies, and fancy an Indian, Cardamom Black is amazing.

Have you tried Shalimar across the road? Half the price and just as good if not better – I especially like how the owner is always on hand giving advice, suggesting off-menu ideas etc.

johndoh
    Free Member

And Binners, if I had known you were staying at The Kestrel I would have suggested The Clocktower restaurant at Rudding Park – not too far away and very pleasant surroundings.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m working at the showground on Sunday, is there any decent fish and chip shops open on Sunday? Just want to get something quick before the 4 hour drive home.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Oh discerning culinary STWers – places to eat in Harrogate’ is closed to new replies.