Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Oh dear, ive niched myself.
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Sack of shit on anything tech have you ridden it, and can you make a judgement on how a bike rides just by looking at a picture of it on the t'interweb?. If so I bow down to you mate you clearly missed you vocation in life. The bike industry needs you, you could save them a fortune by just looking at the sketches and avoiding them having to make prototypes

no but i've ridden bikes. all sorts of bikes. and beach cruisers for that matter. and in my time doing this, i have learnt that bikes that are scene as **** (as the one above) generally aren't always that good for actual riding. there are reasons that bikes evolve, and why most decent, good handling mtb's look similar.

im sorry that my opinion upsets you so deeply. i've had a word with a few manufacturers and apparently my opinions (despite them being correct) don't actually guarantee me a job. shame. cheers for the tip tho.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea either and i normally like them.

Do you actually ride itwith the seat at that angle?

ferrit32
    Free Member

No need to apologies and nobodies feelings have been hurt, everyone’s entitled to opinion but opinions are like aholes, everyone has one and whose is better than the next persons?

The Singular Swift has a cracking reputation amongst the 29er fraternity. Sam will no doubt be able to point you towards some good reviews from those in the industry whose opinion carries weight. The opinions on the use of shorter carbon forks (Niner in particular) on the Swift are also out there to see. If you cannot be bothered looking the shorter fork speeds up steering without becoming overly twitchy.

Sorry can you explain what “scene as ****” means? I am in my mid thirties and no longer talk like a teenager.

Bikes don’t follow Darwin’s theories on natural selection they follow what the bike industry decides you need next. Hence why bikes from niche/boutique builders are always a little left field, they dont want to appeal to the masses, they dont want/need massive turnover to cover huge overheads.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ferrit32
    Free Member

PikeBN14 – That reaffirms my point about niche though, I don’t want everyone to like it and I don’t want it to look like all other Swifts, kind of defeats the object of the exercise.

The saddle is a Brooks, you sit in them not on them, it’s half the reason most people don’t get on with them. If it was positioned like a normal saddle your backside would slide off the nose.

topangarider
    Free Member

I love how everyone gets arsey on these forums – makes my day!

These frames are undoubtedly nice looking – remind of the new (ish) pace steel hardtail in blue. Prefer some of the builds over some others.

All this niche thing is b0770cks – doesn't matter how 'niche' your bike is, so long as you enjoy riding. And it doesn't matter what enyone else thinks either. All this 'I hate mass market bikes'; it's just nonsense spoken by people who have too much time. We're all cyclists.

tang
    Free Member

poss why i stayed away from it all, niche can often be fad. plus ive not the money to try everything out. however, the experience was so much to my liking, for prob all the published reasons, that im in the process of sorting a swift from sam! poss i should have said 'oh dear i seem to have ss29erd my self'.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I don’t want everyone to like it and I don’t want it to look like all other Swifts, kind of defeats the object of the exercise

Out of interest what was the object of the exercise?

ferrit32
    Free Member

I refer my learned gentlemen to my earlier answer directed to tracknicko

tracknicko – Beach cruiser? mmmm Ok but it was built with a retro look in mind so I might give you that, I was after a path racer style but beach cruiser will do

Gotta wonder why we bother posting sometimes! I originally posted because there were some nice looking Swifts on this thread and wanted to add something to the discussion, not to be Billy big b**ll*cks.

I am not really bothered if anyone likes it or not as in all likelyhood I will never meet most of you, the fact remains however I have built the bike I wanted, not for some form of group endorsement.

I made the fatal internet forum mistake of rising to the bate of someones snap judgment on how it rode and sounded off accordingly. I'll get my coat:roll:

topangarider
    Free Member

ferrit – I think you sum it up best – you built the bike you wanted. Nothing else should matter.

ferrit32
    Free Member

topangarider you have restored my faith in human kind :wink

tracknicko
    Free Member

sorry dude. might have got carried away/agressive.

i still reckon it would be sketchy on tech stuff.

byeee

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear, ive niched myself.’ is closed to new replies.