Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Oh dear, ive niched myself.
  • tang
    Free Member

well ive been lent a niche machine. singular ss, king ss hub and cog, middleburn uno. marta sls and pace 29ers. out this evening, a strangely pleasurable experience. im now confused, wanting more and potentially having thoughts of not giving it back…or buying as he may sell.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The poor love; he's even put his forks on the wrong way round, bless him. 🙁

tails
    Free Member

whats the head angle on that thing?

mboy
    Free Member

Quick, hurry up and put some gears on it before anybody notices just how niche it is… You may even get away with the large wheels going un-noticed if its got gears! 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha best you look after it 😈

tang
    Free Member

the angle looks a little strange, rides ok tho.

tang
    Free Member

lookma, friday in cranham? ive promised not to scratch it. prepare to walk.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mmmm could be up for a spin, might be test riding a qoroz ti!

hoojum
    Free Member

Go on and hang on to it, they a ride great. I've gone and snuck 8 gears on mine though.

tang
    Free Member

local ti! was having a look with leigh today. tidy. will you pic up in thrupp? if so please pop in for a coffee.

tang
    Free Member

better head angle pic

AJ
    Free Member

man those forks look rubbish

postierich
    Free Member

Singulars look wrong with Suspension and gears keep um simple!

tang
    Free Member

granted the ridged forks are much prettier. if he let it go it would go with the singular forks.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I think the forks look great, stealthy black – we don't do bling round ere…

bigsi
    Free Member

Makes me want to get mine back up and running 🙁

monkeychild
    Free Member

Them there forks are wrong.

Andy

Great bikes! Here's mine

(Hoses need sorting)

Sam

oooh – lots of nice builds I've not seen before 😀 Glad you folks are enjoying them.

flatfish
    Free Member

Did halfords put those forks on?

Moses

Thrupp? I bet you know Clarissa & her girls.

geoffj

Singular = Niche

Not on here it doesn't, common as muck.

You have to try really hard – like that towell rail IF jobbie with stupid (and I do mean stupid in this instance) sized wheels on it for proper niche 😉

Does look wrong with bouncy forks on though 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

currently loving the rigids i put back on mine

BigDummy
    Free Member

Andy's is very nice. 🙂

Just plug the bars up will ya?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Is this a "can I be like you?" I can be niche as well! thread? 😉

M6TTF – Member
    I think the forks look great, stealthy black – we don't do bling round ere…

Carbon lowers. Not much more bling than that…

flatfish – Member
    Did halfords put those forks on?

You are aware they're pace, and have a reverse arch?

rOcKeTdOg

you it's a me me me thread by proxy, but by opening a thread called niche and posting on it you've kinda outed yourself tree 🙂

eckinspain
    Free Member

flatfish
    Free Member

yes i am aware, but that dosen't make them right, just because they have a reverse arch, like manitou's. 🙄

tree-magnet
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    you it's a me me me thread by proxy, but by opening a thread called niche and posting on it you've kinda outed yourself tree

You 'aint seen me, right?

flatfish – Member

yes i am aware, but that dosen't make them right, just because they have a reverse arch, like manitou's.

Ok. Not sure what relevece that has to Halfords though…

Andy

Thanks Big Dummy. Point taken about the bar end plugs. Dont want to do a "starship" 😆

Sam; mine is Scottish Phils old bike

tang
    Free Member

tbh id never paid much attention to big wheelers or ss for that matter. sure ive had some road bikes but all my bikes have been steel 26" hardtails since 1987(bar a moment of cannondale madness in 1994). i couldnt pass up the offer of a lend of a bike, esp something ive not tried. i must say i enjoyed it. it is a mee post as moments in cycling lives need to be shared, discussed and generally have the piss taken. however, none of my family have any interest in bikes and my 10 year old as soon as i mention bikes whispers 'nerd!' and leaves the room. my 4 year olds reaction to the swift was 'it looks old'. the kids win again.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Heres my currently unfinished niche mobile

pedalhead
    Free Member

Lovely. Still need to change the hubs though 😉

btw, how are you finding the saddle? Just received the exact same model in readiness for my new build (maybe a Swift or Hummingbird…getting a test ride when Sam is back from his travels).

tracknicko
    Free Member

why not just get a beach cruiser? that looks like it would ride like a sack of shit on anything tech.

psychle
    Free Member

Ummmm… are those forks around backwards??

wwaswas

are the forks painted carbon exotic/nukeproof ones?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Singulars are works of art.

The painted forks look like Whytes to me…

Andy/ferrit – what saddles are you using? I had a B17 Narrow but just couldn't get used to it – I think the rails were too short and shoulders slightly too wide…

tails
    Free Member

That is gopping. Well done that man.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Saddle is a Swift Ti, colour Honey.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Pedelhead – point taken re the hubs but as I have said before these wheels dont belong on this, I still have in mind cream powder coated rims on gunsmoke or maybe silver hubs but these will do for now

tracknicko – Beach cruiser? mmmm Ok but it was built with a retro look in mind so I might give you that, I was after a path racer style but beach cruiser will do. 🙄

Sack of shit on anything tech ❓ have you ridden it, and can you make a judgement on how a bike rides just by looking at a picture of it on the t'interweb?. If so I bow down to you mate you clearly missed you vocation in life. The bike industry needs you, you could save them a fortune by just looking at the sketches and avoiding them having to make prototypes ❗

For interest the carbon forks (Exotics by the way for those wondering so might as well be Whites, Nukeproof, Lynskey etc) have a shorter A2C than the Singular Reynolds forks so if anything the bike is better suited to tech riding than the stock set up.

leelovesbikestoo – Its a Ti Swift saddle in honey,narrower than a B17 but still needs a bit of breaking in. You have to persevere as they jsut get better and better with age.

Tails – Gopiing – each to there own bud, I dare say your rides wouldnt be to my taste either, something fully bouncy perhaps just to take the skill out of riding? or perhaps a LT hardcore hardtail, no picking of lines required?

The OP was about buying into a niche and the less keyboard warriors that like my bikes the better, I am unlikely to see someone else on the same bike as mine than someone with a mass produced big brand.

Baaahhhhh!! Theres enough sheep in the countryside without any extra ones riding bikes. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear, ive niched myself.’ is closed to new replies.