Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Oh Dear God!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • I_did_dab
    Free Member

The incidence rate for pancreatic cancer is 13.6 per 100,000 men 10.7 per 100,000 women (per year) and it’s largely incurable.
    That’s the end of today’s happy thought.

binners

I don’t think those odds could possibly justify laying off the sausage butties.

What are the comparable ‘getting hit by a bus’ figures

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I a sure we could arrange something for you Binners

binners

EEK!!! I’m staying off the pavements and looking out for buses on HtN weekend 😀

Cougar

should have read it all then eh – looks like i agree with you

Sorry, I was skimming. Cheerfully withdrawn.

And maybe then they’ll stop being such miserable pain in the arse whinging dullards.

We’re not whinging, I think you’ll find. We’re actually quite happy. Read back; in these discussions, most of the hostility comes from the carnivores and their genius insights into nutrition such as “you can’t be vegetarian because you have teeth and shoes.” It’s probably all the hormones pumped into the burgers that makes you all so cross.

We also aren’t so overwhelmingly overweight that we have to mention it in our usernames; maybe if you didn’t shove so much lardy processed meat down your gullet you’d be SlimBloke instead, hmm?

Granted, you do get the occasional “meat is murder” PETA lunatic, but they’re thankfully few and far between, and are far more annoying to us as we then get tarred with the same brush.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reading the Grauniad gives you herpes. 😉

binners

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bacon gives you cancer,Smoking will give me cancer, alcohol will give me cancer. Smelling someones disgusting flatulence will give me Cancer. Well to be honest, i’d rather go through life eating what i want, drinking what i want, exercising as much as i see fit and smoking as much as i want. Its my life, i will determine what happens in it.

I’d much rather die suddenley than end up as a resident in my place of work (Nursing home) not knowing what day of the week it is and pissing my pants. No thank you.

Cougar

I’d much rather die suddenley than end up as a resident in my place of work (Nursing home) not knowing what day of the week it is and pissing my pants. No thank you.

Coincidentally enough, we put my dad into such a place, in much the same condition, at the back end of last year as a direct result of him chain-smoking for 50 years. He wasn’t lucky enough to get cancer though, vascular dementia got him first.

I wholeheartedly support the right to choice, and arguably it’s far better to die a little earlier having actually lived. But make it an informed choice, hey.

WTF
    Free Member

I am willimg to be a guinea pig for future bacon butty research.
    1 per day slightly crispy with tomato sauce please.
    Then I will post when I get cancer.

binners

I’m with you there fella. The way the whole pension system and retirement age situation is going, I reckon keeling over sideways at about 65 will be a merciful release.

Otherwise we’ll be working until 75 to qualify for a pension of a packet of Werthers Original and a Pot Noodle a week. In a UN refugee tent. In a toxic waste dump in yorkshire

coffeeking
    Free Member

So, is that an increased risk if incidence of 0.0023%? (i.e. 19% of the original 0.0136%)? WGAS?

Ah, no, that’s the incidence of cancer (number per year). Actual lifetime risk is 1.45%, meaning your risk of it in your lifetime increases to 1.73%.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Bacon gives you cancer,Smoking will give me cancer, alcohol will give me cancer.

The devil is in the detail. For example – there’s a roughly 50% chance that smoking will kill you prematurely, evenly split between heart-lung disease or cancer. So toss a coin twice if you smoke – die early (yes/no), and if yes – cancer (yes/no). All other environmental and diet factors pale into insignificance compared with smoking.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Oh Dear God!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!’ is closed to new replies.