Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Oh Bum….
  • Bregante

After a fairly rubbish riding year last year through injury, change of jobs to shift work and a general loss of fitness/mojo, this year began with a determination to regain my old passion for riding my bikes.

Things going pretty well, fitness looking good, weight down by almost a stone and both my bikes well sorted for the riding I am doing…….

Until Wednesday when a fairly innoccuous knock to the knee has been giving me bit of pain for the last few days. Got up this morning and was in agony. My knee has swollen to the size of a melon so went to the local A and E.

Dr suspects I’ve ruptured my cruxciate knee ligament but reckons it’s so badly swollen I can’t even have a scan on it for 2 to 4 weeks.

Like I said. Bum.

lucien

If you can afford it, it’s worth getting your own scan done – by the time 4-6 weeks go by waiting for one, the swelling’s likely to be under control and much hard to deal with the injury.

As an alternative, a good physio can work wonders even on this sort of injury and given any budget constraints should be able to set you some exercises & stretches to do on your own. I’ve snapped both crutiate ligaments, neither have been operated on and I’m still riding 12-14 hours a week.

Worked for me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Oh Bum….’ is closed to new replies.