Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OG bars – good for steep stuff?
  • PhilO
    Free Member

A while ago, I tried some Titec H-bars to see if they’d help with elbow pain. They worked a treat, but on steep descents or under heavy braking my hands would slide inwards on the bars. So, I tried a pair of Fleegles. These seem a good compromise, but more sweep would be nice…

So I was wondering whether OG bars would fit the bill. What experience do fellow STWers have? Any issues with hand slippage?

johnnystorm

Also have a look at Salsa Bend 2 bars. Available in 17 and 23 degree sweep for something in-between. I’ve had no problems with the Bend 2s and have some OGs….I just haven’t fitted or used them so can’t comment!

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I have some OGs, exactly the same as the old Ragley Carnegies, if that helps. Not had a problem with my hands moving at all, but I do use flanged grips too. I personally think they’re a good bend, not as extreme as Jones or Marys etc, but with all the benefits.

rOcKeTdOg

Love carnegie’s but they’d be better a little wider which is what puts me off the OGs

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I went all round Glentress trail centre after fitting mine.
    Didn’t even notice them after the first 15 seconds TBH

molgrips
    Free Member

I looked at On One Fleegle, then I looked at Salsa Bar 2. Then I looked at the price of the Bar 2, and I then swiftly went back to looking at the Fleegle…

PhilO
    Free Member

Thanks all. Looks like they might be worth a try, then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OG bars – good for steep stuff?’ is closed to new replies.