• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nre.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Offroad section of Fosse Way near Tetbury….
  • nre
    Free Member

Anyone know what state this is in? Suitable for a drop-bar adventure bike as an offroad interlude between roadie sections? I’ve used StreetView to take a glancing look wherever it crosses a road (and it looks OK), but wondering what it’s like in between…?

dav1d
    Free Member

Yes, I rode the bit between where it goes past Shipton Moyne up to Crudwell Lane (just past Long Newton) on my CX bike a couple of months ago and it was perfect for that kind of bike.

Haven’t tried any more of it but keep meaning to have a look.

IHN

Yeah, perfect for that kind of thing. If you were careful, you could ride most of it on a road bike…

nre
    Free Member

Excellent – thanks for the info. Planning a big one-way trip down to Wilts from Warwickshire this weekend, and that section is pretty much on route, and will give me a break from the tarmac…

peteimpreza

Yes it’s part of my commuting route , done on an Coptic Escapade at the moment but previously on an alloy Synapse.

timothycdbarnes
    Free Member

When I lived round there I rode parts of it on a road bike with 23cs. You’ll have no problem.

nre
    Free Member

Completed the 100 mile trip last Friday, including this section, all went fine, thanks guys!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Offroad section of Fosse Way near Tetbury….’ is closed to new replies.