Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • offroad night lighting.what brands are rated and what am i looking at ££wise
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

ill be honest im pretty skint.what brands should i look for second hand and what can i expect to pay?
    ive seen the one that on deal extreme and am interested but it almost seem too good for £50.i dont fancy being left in the dark somewhere .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a read of trouts threads.
    Best light – probably the troutlight 6 – best value – probably the deal extreme one

DaveGr
    Free Member

Having just bought LED’s off Lumicycle then I think they are the best commercial brand though not cheap – the 2.6Ah will go for 4+ hours. Dealextreme looks superb VFM. Trout looks like the best overall for performance v cost.

Second hand?? You’ve no idea what the battery will be like – the one in my joystick has given up the ghost within 2 years – absolute rubbish – won’t buy Exposure again.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve just got one of the ones from dealextreme..

Seems spot on to me..

smudge
    Free Member

buy a deal extreme for £50 and post it to troutie to tidy it up 😉
    I think he’s charging £10 +p&p
    Dave, do you still have the Exposure light? as I can replace the battery inside if you want it repairing. (that’s if it is the battery thats at fault}

odannyboy
    Free Member

do trouties lights come with batteries or do you have to sort that side of things out yourself?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

READ THE **** THREADS!

odannyboy
    Free Member

i have. and have been on his webpage.lots about lumens and leds etc but
    (in haste admittedly) i didnt notice anything as to weather he did the complete package at the prices he quotes or just the light.
    thought the point of a forum was to ask questions and have conversation, not just read what everyone else has written??

jeeez….

smudge
    Free Member

He can do both, either way the batteries come from me.. 😉
    Just send him an email Od

odannyboy
    Free Member

Thankyou smudge!

DaveGr
    Free Member

Dave, do you still have the Exposure light? as I can replace the battery inside if you want it repairing.

Will be in touch – I made sure it was charged up for Mayhem and then it went down to flashing mode really quickly suggesting a duff battery not holding charge. As a soloist not ideal but my Lumi lights never let me down.

Junkyard
    Free Member

can you buy trout lights in Tesco?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Hi mate

I have some for sale!

As these:

let there be light!

but in silver.

Good condition. One of the switches can be tempremental but wont take a rocket scientist to sort.

£219 rrp ish, so lookiong for £110 (ish)

alexpalacefan

Bloody hell this is early, I would have thought at least Oct for a “What light” thread ;o)

A

CountZero

My £50 DX arrived today, and I must say it’s fantastic value for money. The finish seems to be spot-on, and the light output amazing for a single LED. I’ve got a DX torch, a P7 SSC Aurora, and the DX bike light is even brighter, probably due to a bigger reflector and four rather than one battery. Honestly? Get the DX, send it to Trout, then save up and buy one of Trout’s flamethrower light units.

trout
    Free Member

Junkyard Get a hair cut 😆 Oh and yes try the fish counter

Danny boy I always suggest getting batteries from smudge as no point me having to put a markup on them
    Give me a week and there will be a couple of cheaper offerings along the lines of the last one I sold in the classifieds
    still be up there with the lumen count (600) so plenty.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘offroad night lighting.what brands are rated and what am i looking at ££wise’ is closed to new replies.