Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Officially Old today
  • ourmaninthenorth

Happy birthday oldgit. Sounds like an ace birthday treat. 😀

antigee

sorry forget the congrats !
    and think i know what you mean just having a nice relaxed time its cool

also i should be old enough and wise enough to remember not to use the "@rse" word when sfb is about 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this was my 50th birthday ride – I was as old as the 2 on the right together 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

That was probably the last time I'll get a chilled ride until Christmas.

Part 2 of a relaxing weekend on Saturday with a massive walk with the dog, might take the mini-trangia.

Setting my max heart rate Sunday with the new HRM though I seem to have just broken it 😳

oldgit
    Free Member

Have I been posting on here for the last decade?
    Did my first 24 ten years ago, so this must have been up and running surely.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep it's not working.

qwerty
    Free Member

Yep it's not working.

at your age are you sure its your HRM thats not working?

A – B – C –

😉

HAPPY BUFFDAY!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

No it's dead no readings nada. Do I have a fiddle or take it back?

busydog
    Free Member

Happy Birthday oldgit!!!! You have many miles ahead. I started mountain biking at 50 and still going strong at 67 (3-4 days a week)—of course if I stop I may not be able to start again. Seriously though, the only differences I can see are: 1. I have a lot better understanding what really isn't rideable and the sense to follow that instinct, and 2. Stamina and recovery suffers a bit with each passing year.

cinnamon_girl

Fifty is nothing to be frightened of, just embrace it

she means she wants a hug

I get loads of hugs on group rides 😆 but they could of course be feeling sorry for me/indulging me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but they could of course be feeling sorry for me/indulging me.

or copping a feel 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Carl, now you are almost an old git 🙂

cinnamon_girl

or copping a feel

Yeah right 🙄

Bunnyhop

Happy Birthday oldgit.

Today I got a letter from the local G.P. surgery. It contained an osteoporosis risk assessment questionaire for the 45 and plus age group.

One of the questions was – Do you fall freqently (more than once in the last year) or do you have a fear of falling because you are frail? I nearly fell of my invalid chair laughing. The answer was of course, yes, 'cos I fall off my mtb at least 5-7 times a year.

Power to the oldies of STW.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah right

you know you love it :o)

cinnamon_girl

you know you love it :o)

Hugging fit young men – what's not to like 😉

Jase
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Carl.

FOG

You've cheered me up busydog. I was beginning to wonder on my birthday, last week how long I can keep it up! So at 61 I seem to have a few good riding years left in me. Mind you I am the least fit of my riding group who are all round the same age,2 do Triathlons including Iron Man, one is a good fell runner and the other is a damn good swimmer. Still I think we are in a minority, most people I meet at work don't seem to do anything very energetic.

PJ266
    Free Member

My landlord must be mid 50's and he can rip the legs off all my friends on the road. Im 19 btw 😛 I aspire to be like you guys and still riding when Im ancient. 😉

Bullet

Happy birthday! It's all in the mind (and the tight legs and aches and panis after a ride!) I reckon (52 now)…

Kevevs
    Free Member

liking this thread. got bored of life a couple of years ago, made some changes, now kicking its arse back at 37, not old i know, but it's all good for the taking at any age. Good on ya! Bikes are great 🙂

Karinofnine

Happy Birthday Oldgit!

Carpe diem

x

mamadirt
    Free Member

Penblwydd Hapus youngsters! 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Officially Old today’ is closed to new replies.