Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Official Leeds Utd Book of Condolence
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Huddersfield Town have achieved something only 3 other English clubs have. Hora, can you tell us what that feat is?

flatfish
    Free Member

The don revie/ dirty Leeds era was well before my time, but what annoys me about weeds are the fans that spout about their massive club being too big for league one, so spending a third season in the third tier makes I laugh, with all the sh1tty little clubs like carlisle, Exeter, etc.
    What also annoys me is that they only paid 7 pence in the pound for their debts whilst my club paid 100p in the pound to come out of administration, is that fair???
    Should dock them another 15 points for arrogance.

A happy Carlisle fan.

G
    Free Member

Whats have Leeds United and Shahid Malik got in common?

Two things, both have had a good time without paying for it, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

In both cases a well deserved roosting too IMHO 🙂

And thats also the answer to the two questions why do people “hate” Leeds?and not trust Politician’s?

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

I take offence Flatfish that you think Carlisle United are a $hitty little club, explain if you’d be so kind.

flatfish
    Free Member

We had lots of weeds supporters coming to the cufc messageboard effectively suggesting we were like sh1t on the bottom of their shoe. I admit that Carlisle are a smaller club and always will be but we are in league 1 for a reason, as are weeds. we both ain’t good enough to be in the championship or higher. They all seemed to have the big I am attitude, which is the reason I dislike weeds.

flatfish
    Free Member

We had lots of weeds supporters coming to the cufc messageboard effectively suggesting we were like sh1t on the bottom of their shoe. I admit that Carlisle are a smaller club and always will be but we are in league 1 for a reason, as are weeds. we both ain’t good enough to be in the championship or higher. They all seemed to have the big I am attitude, which is the reason I dislike weeds.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Yep Leeds in the past were hated because of gamesmanship and being a dirty side( and yes I’m just old enough to remember watching them)
    Now they are hated for their arrogance and chip on the shoulder attitude.
    eg disrupting the minutes silence for Sir Matt Busby because they felt Don Revie hadn’t received the same respect.( no I’m no Utd lover but bit sick imo)
    Thinking that the docking of points was some personal vendetta against them whipped up by that w***** Ken Bates.
    The arrogance that because they take 2000 away fans they are too big to be in Div 1( It may be a suprise to many Leeds fans but your league position is on results on the field rather than attendance figures).
    The utter contempt the fans often show to other Div 1 teams for not being as “big” as them.

flatfish
    Free Member

As ed2001 says.

P.s.
    Drinkmoreport I don’t think Carlisle are a sh1tty little club as I’ve supported them throughout the bad times since the mid eighties.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Apart from any track record of sustained success of course, which is perhaps the first and most important measure you’d test against.

Possibly true and point taken. You wouldn’t call Newcastle a small club though would you?

Perhaps best measure of a big club is the support they get even when they don’t win anything

firestarter
    Free Member

im from leeds and once while getting off the train on match day in leeds city centre when coming home on leave from the army a leeds fan stabbed me for being an opposition fan 🙁 needless to say im not an avid leeds fan 🙂

lister

as a newcastle fan, can i just point out that we don’t think we are a ‘big’ club.
    just the only club in our city.

we don’t think we have some god given right to win anything, and we all acknowledge that we are shite.

that doesn’t mean we didn’t enjoy doing fairly well for a couple of years in the 90’s. and we wish it had continued, hence the overblown welcomes for keegan, shearer etc.

we’ve been badly owned and managed for years, but atleast we’re not leeds 😉

lister-hooded
    Free Member

My how I laughed as I read some of the stuff on this thread 🙂

Folks always seem to forget how much football has changed over the years,

Yes , Leeds did know how to “stop ” players, Norman Hunter Bit legs, Big Jack got in folks way and Wee Billy Bremner was a fiery Scot at times but at the same time the passing ability of Johny Giles was pure genius and Eddie Gray could hypnotize opponents with the way he kept the ball under control. One of the greatest unsung heroes of that time ( imho ) was Paul Reaney, I had the great pleasure of seeing him keep George Best totally out of a game when Bestie was at his prime, and he did it not by kicking him out of the game but by taking the ball off him time and time again.

As for the fans … Well I’m old enough to remember the days when the away support was a laughing stock … then one year early 70s standing on the Kop( Gelderd End ) I found myself reading an A 5 size flyer, hundreds were being passed out encouraging everyone to get to Old Trafford for the match against Manure as Leeds fans had been getting a regular runa round and kicking there for years and some lads were fed up of hearing about it off manure fans.
    So I decided to book on the coach from Harrogate and go along , hoping others may do the same, imagine my surprise as I got on a LEEDS supporters coach to find it half full of Manure fans, but they were even more surprised to see the other half full of Leeds fans…
    Got to Old Trafford, parked up by the cricket ground and the police were running round panicing … away supporters at Old Trafford… what’s that about ? seemed to be the attitude … Well that day I think was the start of a big modern day away following for Leeds ( imho ) as about 5,000 of us turned up and the rest is history , we were no longer a “soft ” club and easy targets for home fans.
    So in a way its a big THANK YOU to Manure… without you we wouldn’t be hated ( disliked ? ) by quite so many folks.

MOT

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Amazing how people perceive Leeds as a team to hate. You know nowt!
    Plus, unlike those iffy Geordies, we neither expect or, indeed, get the success we ‘desrve’. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Official Leeds Utd Book of Condolence’ is closed to new replies.