Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Office workers – What's in your lunch box?
  • sandwicheater

To my fellow desk monkeys, what constitutes a normal days lunch for you?

I’m normally a sandwich (two slices of bread, ham, cheese and the like), three bits of fruit (banana, orange and pear today) and perhaps twice a week a packet of crisps.

Always seems a meagre amount but need to shave some pounds.

Any suggestions that are filling but healthy?

radoggair
    Free Member

i run a hotel and restaurant, so whatever i want really. Chicken, steak, pasta, sandwiches, burgers,…. endless really. Not good for the diet tho

wrightyson
    Free Member

So, us not so fellow outside dwellers aren’t allowed in on this one hey. Racist!

MSP

I usually make a salad instead of sarnies. Todays salad was sweet red pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions and some salmon, followed by a sugar free yoghurt. I will also have some fruit mid morning and afternoon, clementines are favourites at this time of year.

bearnecessities

Peppers, red onions and other bits made Sunday night.

Kept in fridge and used during week to mix with brown rice also cooked on Sunday and either tuna/mixed pulses etc and rice vinegar.

Today is peppered mackerel & lemon juice.

*as I found out here, be careful keeping cooked rice. I usually only use up until Thursday and it’s straight in fridge after cooking.

drummer
    Free Member

Two slices of seeded batch with corned beef and pickle
    Tesco’s finest scotch egg
    Crisps
    Banana
    Mini choc bar pinched from kids school lunch drawer

I will prob have finished it soon so will have to resist the pies from the bakery at lunchtime

sandwicheater

We don’t want your sort here wrightyson you outside type person!

drummer
    Free Member

yeah…with your calorie burning jobs !

TPTcruiser

Mega Soreen malt loaf, £1 on offer at the moment. Peanut butter. Bananas. One call by the supermarket on Monday and set up for the week.

footflaps

I will be walking to the local Co-op shortly to see what delights they have available…

Junkyard
    Free Member

i like to vary it today is pitta bread with pate and a mixed salad
    Apple and a banana, some chocolate cake a packet of crisps and a flapjack.

I was riding yesterday and tomorrow so carb loading
    Often have salads and cous cous if not riding – tomorrow is pasta salad with mixed green leaf salad and some more cake!

mogrim

Will be sticking a tupperware full of chickpea and aubergine curry in the microwave soon, made it last night. Just realised I forgot the yoghourt for after, though 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

The bread might be causing you issues, try a non-bread based dinner. Salad is good. Egga, legumes work well too. Bean salads fill you upnicely and with some mint added taste lovely.

Personally I normally have a pasta with pesto and cous cous mix for dinner. but then I don’t need to lose weight what with me being dead lean and adonis-like.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Whatever my wife has put in there.
    I didn’t get married to make my own lunch y’know!

prawny

Similar to the op at the mo, Might have to go back to the wholewheat pasta chicken and leaves thing soon as I’ve put a bit of chunk on.

Normally have crisps though (something like quavers, not proper ones) every day, can’t have a sarnie without crisps

binners

ourmaninthenorth

Left over slow-roast lamb, some salad leaves, some leftover pasta salad and houmous.

Am starting the long slow road to losing the significant weight I have accumulated in the last couple of years….

emsz
    Free Member

An apple, a banana and a stem ginger biscuit I made last night.

Prob won’t eat the banana

Bin bin can I have one of those cream donut thingys if your going, thanks my lovely

mt
    Free Member

Duck and mushroom curry with rice.

binners

Emsz – Do you want me to get you a 4 pack of them, just in case? And maybe a couple of cheese and onion pasties as an aperitif?

sandwicheater

As your taking orders, custard doughnut please binners, thanks.

oh, and a steak bake. You can’t go into greggs without eating a steak bake, tis the law.

lank45
    Free Member

From the work Christmas hamper two years ago…

piemonster

Olive bread, Pecorino, Salad, Cake.

miketually
    Free Member

I have one of those clip-and-seal type lunch boxes, which I stuff full of salad things.

As a base, I usually chuck in half a tin of chickpeas and some chopped up chorizo. Then slice up some mange tout, sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn, or pepper (usually two of this list). I dress this with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus pepper and some dried herbs or chili flakes. Then, stuff the rest of the box full of salad leaves.

I occasionally use sesame oil and soy sauce as a dressing, or skip the chorizo and chuck in a hard boiled egg. I’ve managed to consistently stick with this for the last few months without getting bored.

Like samuri, I’m an Adonis who doesn’t need to lose weight, but I’ve found having this for lunch offsets all the biscuits, donuts and mince pies I eat on evenings and weekends 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Tedium and Despair

emsz
    Free Member

**** it, yeah go on then, I’ll share with you

Can’t get a shag so may as well get fat 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

peanut butter and banana bagel.

Ham sandwich with mayo and mustard.

an orange.

some dates.

packet of crisps.

mini pork pie.

tin of soup.

Hells

This week I will mainly be having potato, watercress & whatever I had in the fridge needing used up soup. Plus various bits of fruit, occasional biscuits & bacon rolls on the days I cycle in (15 miles each way). 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Today, we slept in so I’ve not made my salad. So, I’ll be buying something from the student canteen, which will probably involve chips and pizza, which is why I normally bring my own lunch.

My weekend involved 3 donuts, about 20 custard creams, and 10 mince pies. And burger, chips and a pint for lunch on Saturday. And cake. And red wine.

mogrim

As a base, I usually chuck in half a tin of chickpeas and some chopped up chorizo. Then slice up some mange tout, sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn, or pepper (usually two of this list). I dress this with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus pepper and some dried herbs or chili flakes. Then, stuff the rest of the box full of salad leaves.

I occasionally use sesame oil and soy sauce as a dressing, or skip the chorizo and chuck in a hard boiled egg. I’ve managed to consistently stick with this for the last few months without getting bored.

As there’s no Greggs in Madrid I might have to try this instead.

Duggan

Ham and cheese baguette, 5/10.

Will probably buy a mint aero or maybe a peanut butter kit-kat to push it up to a still mediocre 6/10.

BoardinBob

Sandwich with brown bread, chorizo and cheddar

Eat Natural bar

Banana

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Thats like an oxymoron inside a paradigm inside a contradiction, I’ve got to get one

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Pork loin and tomato on two slices of granary bread
    Low fat rhubarb yoghurt
    Apple
    Pack of yoghurt covered sesame snaps

miketually
    Free Member

Pesto is quite a good addition to my salad boxy thing too.

And this photo reminded me that I also sprinkle on some mixed seeds.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    Thats like an oxymoron inside a paradigm inside a contradiction, I’ve got to get one

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No, it’s an egg, inside sausage meat, inside breadcrumbs. And you really don’t have to get one. 😯

Yak

Shropshire blue melted over ham on toast.
    Apple
    Coffee

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Nowt!
    Showing solidarity with MrsCat on her 5:2
    Looking forward to two slices of grilled hallumi and salad for tea.

PrinceJohn

Monday – Friday my lunch consits of..

1 x Sandwich, 2 slices of bread with chicken tikka sandwich filler.
    1 x banana
    1 x pork pie
    1 x apple
    1 x twix
    1 x packet of quavers
    1 x yoghurt.

Also today had 1 x slice of carrot cake & 1 x slice of lemon drizzle cake as it’s someone’s birthday so there’s cake about…

Most people are shocked that I maintain a 10.5 stone weight….

Haze

Tuna salad, Ryvita with Philly and chorizo mid-morning snack.

Fairly good intentions out of the window when a new employee turns up with a huge box of cakes. Won me over already…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Office workers – What's in your lunch box?’ is closed to new replies.