Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Offered on a Repo !! very nervous now
  • renton
    Free Member

Well after flying down to the midlands on Thursday and viewing the repo on Friday we have to day put an offer in on it, only to be told that someone else had had an offer accepted on it this morning !!

Sop straight there and then I upped my offer to what I think is above the other party offer and the EA started asking for proof of funding etc. Apparently the other party are FTB’ers.

Not heard anything back today so have a nervous wait overnight to hear anything !!!

wish me luck.

oh and just out of interest who would be looked on more favorably?? A FTB’er or someone that has sold his house to a cash buyer and is ready to go having made a slightly higher offer?

So nervous now !

dooosuk
    Free Member

To me you’re still in a chain until you have the cash.

Depends on how much the extra cash is worth given that your cash buyer could still pull out.

renton
    Free Member

Ah the people buying ours have are looking to buy two properties to BTL and really want ours as the yield is quite good !

scrumfled
    Free Member

Must admit I hate our system. if an offer is accepted it should be binding, with significant penalties to break the deal.

But…. you have a chain, the FTB doesnt.

renton
    Free Member

Well just to update this thread……….

We finally exchanged on the house today and will be getting the keys in two weeks!!

Its been a rollercoaster of a ride and I feel as though Ive spent most of the last few weeks on the phone chasing people !!

Got there in the end thought

cheers

Steve

alanl
    Free Member

Good luck.
    Where is it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Offered on a Repo !! very nervous now’ is closed to new replies.