Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Off to the lakes tomorrow night – any must do rides?
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

Tsk, can’t believe I nearly dis something without consulting the stw oracle.

Any advice much appreciated

lowey

The list is, frankly endless.

Where abouts are you staying ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If its anywhere near Grizedale, I must say I enjoyed the BWs (and the odd footpath) between Grizedale Visitor Centre and Thwaite Head. Breasty Haw inparticular heading east (apparently once you hit the road at Low Moor Farm (?) if you keep going on the next section of BW, thats excellent too and on my ‘to do’ list for when we’re up for a week in August.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

As a starter-for-ten, try the Boggies routes list
    Either the flags on the map or the list of routes below that, either should help.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Good point, starting in Keswick, planning on doing lonsdale fell, skiddaw, Altura and maybe having a crack at something called borrowdale bash, seems to be a lot if road involved though. Moving on to patterdale area, ullswater, high street and helvellyn. Then down to ambelside, no real plans yet but maybe graburn pass or walna scar. Was thinking about doing nan bled (maybe instead of borrowdale).

Any thoughts much appreciated

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Borrowdale Bash is good, road section passes quickly enough.

High Street and Lakeside path along Ullswater is a classic but time that bit to avoid the stroppy walkers if you can. They don’t seem to understand that its a bridleway 🙄

warton
    Free Member

I’ve always thought the hodge close ride that was in MBR a few years back to be a must do ride

Wozza
    Free Member

You can’t really go wrong in the lakes, it’s all great. I love the Walna and Garburn loops, the views are ace. I’ve got a 20 mile grizedale route that I recorded last month if you want me to send it over?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Wozza, that’d be cool, cheers

lowey
    mrvear
    Free Member

Email me if you fancy a ride from cockermouth thurs evening.

Wozza
    Free Member

Sent the route over.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Off to the lakes tomorrow night – any must do rides?’ is closed to new replies.