Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Off to gig tonight, in my suit…
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Public Service Broadcasting – last minute, didn’t think I was getting it, ticket; except am in my suit… I’ll be there with my 1st cousin, who’s 21 I can only hope he talks to me cause everyone else will think he’s brought his squardo dad.

midlifecrashes

Primark is open till 10pm. All you can wear for a tenner on Mondays.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I doubt you’ll be the strangest dressed there to be honest.

timbur
    Free Member

[edit] PSB is the band right?
    I’m so square I didn’t realise!

yunki
    Free Member

Me and a mate (god rest his soul) were drinking in the boozer one Saturday afternoon when we got word of a warehouse rave up the road..

We headed off to get a party bag and drove up there suited and booted..

We pretended to be lawyers for the evening.. Had a good dance, promised to represent a few people in court and picked up some female companions before heading home at dawn..

Unfortunately some paranoid gangster types mistook us for undercover cops and rammed our car in the carpark as we were leaving 😆

fasthaggis

WOW

binners

Have you thought this through?

I’ve seen PSB live a few times and it was off the ****ing chain!!! The most mental moshpit I’ve ever seen. Absolute anarchy!!! People lobbing bottles of piss all over the shop. The Pistols in their pomp had nothing on PSB! You’ll be lucky to make it out alive if you turn up in a suit

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m so square I didn’t realise!

Wouldn’t worry they’re rubbish anyway.

Enjoy the gig! As cb says you’ll probably fit right in.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Oh dear Binners you’ve got me all worried now…

Sorry this is Edinburgh’s Queens Hall not the Barra’s – let’s be honest gigs just ain’t what they used to be.. actually more worried about @tom’s comments. I’ve been on a good run recently with decent gigs.

Q -should I take my tie off?

A

copa
    Free Member

Ruffle up hair.
    Wear tie as a headband.
    Roll sleeves up.
    Tuck trousers into socks.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yeah – about the hair thing… I’m 44 and not been too familiar with that ruffling thing since my teens.

Like the socks thing though..

DickBarton

Tell them you thought when told it’ll be madness that you thought that was the band you were going to see!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I think Binners is trying to lift your leg.
    I went to one of the best gigs ever in a suit, however it was the 2 Tone tour featuring The Specials, Selecter, Madness and The Beat at the Top Rank Club in Cardiff and it was 1979, I was 19 and fitted in completely. 8)

Northwind

ChrisL is going so watch out down the front, that’s all I can say, he’s an unstoppable force.

metalheart
    Free Member

I thought the words for Psb attire was beige and corduroy.

As in geography teacher, non?

DezB
    Free Member

Are you the support band? No? Then no-one will even notice you.

Marin
    Free Member

Stick with the suit. Gigs are mostly when I wear mine although it is with oxblood DM’s. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

Northwind

Marin – Member

it is with oxblood DM’s. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

Feet?

choppersquad
    Free Member

I went to watch Ultravox back in the day and the guy next to me turned up in a suit.
    He then proceeded to get a burger in a polystyrene container out of his briefcase, and eat it with some silver cutlery he bought with him.
    ROCK AND ROLL!!

maccruiskeen

Stick with the suit. Gigs are mostly when I wear mine

Yeah, but the OP wants to watch the band – not work on the door 🙂

I’m never entirely sure whether this gesture means ‘Speak to the hand’ or ‘Invitation to High 5’

Mackem

Get loads at Black Sabbath gigs, goes with the age.

shermer75
    Free Member

You’re in Black Sabbath?!?!?!

Marin
    Free Member

Oh dear flamed for fashion on here things must be bad

garage-dweller

I went to see Slint still suited a year or two back, although I did leave the jacket and tie in the car. It really want much of an issue.

Mackem

You’re in Black Sabbath?!?!?!

Err, no.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So, I survived.
    Plenty of Geography Teacher chic, quite a mixed demographic too, usual knobs who having talked throughout were outside afterwards saying what a great gig it was.

Was very good actually. I was a bit worried how far they could take the whole not speaking or singing, thing but it works.

bones
    Free Member

usual knobs who having talked throughout

Not a loud gig then?

Stoner
    Free Member

The average population of a PSB gig is a middle aged man in a Karrimor/Berghaus t-shirt, an possibly an “ironic”* corduroy jacket.

* definitely ironic, yes.

Just ask DD 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Off to gig tonight, in my suit…’ is closed to new replies.