Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Off road around Stratford-upon-Avon
  • alaric

Looks like I might have a half day to spend riding around Stratford in a few weeks time, but I don’t know the area much at all, certainly not from an MTB perspective.

What’s good? Where should I be looking.

I’ll be staying in Stratford, but don’t mind driving a little way…

Thanks.

bedfordrd

If you happen to be around on a Thu night, and can drive to Leamington Spa, then you’re more than welcome to join us, Royal Leamington Spa (RLS) CC for our regular Thu night XC pedal. Running joke is it’s 16 miles (normally accurate… although 20 last week), nothing too strenuous (it is Warwickshire after all….) and we always go at the speed of the slowest rider – we’re all inclusive: come one, come all!

More details at:
    http://www.RLScyclingclub.com

🙂

ps – we always end the ride in a pub…

alaric

Thanks for the invitation, but I’m only there for a weekend with my girlfriend – she’s seeing several plays, so I’ve got the Saturday afternoon to go ride…

alaric

Thanks for the invitation, but I’m only there for a weekend with my girlfriend – she’s seeing several plays, so I’ve got the Saturday afternoon to go ride…

jkomo

There is a green route on a disused rail line, I’ve never done it, but I’m sure it’s more of a flat pootle than anything.
    It does have a cafe built out of old rolling stock though.

rOcKeTdOg

The greenway is just tarmac, great for strava-ing but there’s not much else in the area, Warwickshire is not known for its extensive bridleways network or wooded areas, you can ride the canal to Warwick though & get to ride over the aqueducts (up south Stratford & onto grand union), all fairly tame & shouldn’t be too muddy, go to Hatton lock café for great cake then return to Stratford via the quiet back lanes for a 25-30 mile ish jaunt

antigee

posted in a “Redditch is ace” thread last week used to regularly ride a loop on Bredon hill 20-30mins by car from Stratford(just south of Evesham)not sure where some of the locations mentioned in Redditch thread are but if the search works might be worth reading

edit here we go random google – start from Ashton (used to be a good pub there – hope there still is

this or parts of it (not quite my route but looks similar if a bit longer so health warning)

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/chrismay/entry/biking_round_bredon/

andywill

We normally ride just south of Stratford (Shipston on Stour) but our ride are almost always on a Sunday morning. There are a few hills around Imlington/Chipping Campden. I can send you a gpx route in that area if you wish, let me know how far you would like to ride. Andy

mrmo
    Free Member

just do the HONC route, or at least the first part, Winchcombe isn’t that far, 20-30mins?

alaric

Guys, sorry for the slow response, insane week…

Thanks for all the suggestions, I didn’t have as much time as I thought so just did a bit of a tour around Stratford, mixed Road and towpath.
    Appreciated the suggestions, though 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

avoid stratford tomorrow, there’s a run and at least two sportives starting from the racecourse

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Off road around Stratford-upon-Avon’ is closed to new replies.