Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Off Camber Winter Series
  • SandCrab

Anyone on here been to the Off Camber series races near Blanford?

After doing a few Scott Mountain Marathons and Bonty 24:12 I’m going to give this a go.

Is it friendly enough to crack straight into the open cat or do I need to start with the fun?

Chris

Clink

It’s great fun. Really rooty and twisty in places.

gar69
    Free Member

Really friendly lot run by local bike shop who all ride/ Marshall. Open cat will be fine by sounds of it. Look out for the rock garden 😉

kiksy
    Free Member

I’ve done most of them last few years, great fun, super relaxed, jump straight into open.

Just start nearer the back if you’re not confident, but the road straight and first hill always thin things out nicely.

I’ll be riding a Giant Trance, flat pedals, with a blue Giro helmet , come and say hi if you spot me!

SandCrab

So that was fairly brutal! Really nice course, was expecting some fire road or Tarmac but almost all woodsy tracks.

But the mud! Crikey I felt like I was pedalling through treacle! I’m trying to convince myself that I enjoyed it and I want to do it again!

I think I saw your bike lent against the wall before the start but after that I was concentrating on staying upright…….

Clink

Well done. I decided to ride with the road club instead. Wimped out! Still fairly mucky on Somerset’s back lanes though.

kiksy
    Free Member

So that was fairly brutal! Really nice course, was expecting some fire road or Tarmac but almost all woodsy tracks.

Yeah its a great course. Usually if it rains it just gets a thin film of slippy mud on top and its not too bad. I’ve done about 10 races there now and yesterday was far far far the worst its been. 😈

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Off Camber Winter Series’ is closed to new replies.