Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • OE Schwalbe tyres
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

Point of argument on a ride this morning. Set of Nobby Nics from a Giant trance 1. They have all the right labels, TR,Evo etc.

I maintain they would be “proper ones” whilst riding mate maintains they are not the same as the aftermarket.

What thinks STW?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Usually the ‘Performance’ ones.Unlikely to be the Addix compound.

matt_outandabout

I’ve OEM Nobby and Ralph on my Marin.
    They’re OK, but I have had a few random falls that I’ve put down to iffy compound/not as good as should be…

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Got him to send me a pic of the sidewall.

Evo, TLE Snakeskin , Pacestar 3.

Looks to me like from Schwalbe website they ought to be decent. He maintains they are not the “proper ones”.

jkomo

Tell him to bugger off.

allthegear
    Free Member

Never knock somebody else’s choice of tyres. It just means you’ll have one less excuse when they thrash you down the hill.

Rachel

uphillcursing
    Free Member

jkomo – Member

Tell him to bugger off.
    All ready did, but I want to be right.

allthegear – Member

Never knock somebody else’s choice of tyres. It just means you’ll have one less excuse when they thrash you down the hill.

Rachel

He no longer wants them. If they ARE decent one I will have them off him

oldtalent
    Free Member

Always knock other people choice of tyres. It’s a psychological game.

Yak

Evo/ snakeskin/ pacestar – sounds the same as the aftermarket ones.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s this type of conversation that stopped me riding in groups….

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I had a load of cube logoed racing Ralphs a few years ago, all marked up with trailstar/snakeskin etc. I also had some original Schwalbe ones of identical spec at the same time. They were identical apart from the additional cube logo. Felt the same, performed the same, wore the same. Ended up buying a load of the cube branded ones as they were loads cheaper as people were taking them off thinking they were a lesser tyre.

Maybe he can feel the logo unbalancing the tyre?

jonnyboi

Performance/active are generally a bit nasty

Evolution spec are decent, regardless of whether they came with the bike or were aftermarket.

Whilst schwalbe do manufacturer specific tyre designs (see cube edition etc) I don’t believe they do manufacturer specific compound spec. Certainly not lesser spec eco versions.

I suspect your riding mate has read a line in a mag where they swapped out OE tyres in a test but doesn’t know the difference between performance and evolution spec.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

It’s this type of conversation that stopped me riding in groups….

Each to their own and all that. There is very little two good mates can not find to wind each up over(IMHO). Might as well bicker over tyres as over Brexit or where makes the best breakfast.

mattyfez

Performance /evo is what you want to look out for.

EVO – good
    Performance – not as good

zippykona

My anthem came with EVO tyres .

Northwind

Evo is the model and was as good as schwalbe got, prior to addix anyway. But they’re still Nobby Nics and therefore rotten.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘OE Schwalbe tyres’ is closed to new replies.