Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Odi Grips – What are they supposed to come with?
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Not having much luck here. Ordered what I thought was a set of complete Ruffian grips from CRC, turned out it was just the replacement grips. My mistake. Was going to order a set of clamps to go with them but realised that paying £6 more I could get a complete pack like this, giving me a set of spare grips:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=399

I read this as including everything I needed, but they turned up today and it’s just a pair of grips and one pair of clamps…. I’m assuming that I should get a complete set of 4? Oh and no allen key either.

Before I start shouting the odds with CRC just wanted to check I wasn’t being daft. They are supposed to have two clamps per grip aren’t they?

mintimperial

Yes. It even says “Four anodized aluminium clamps” on that listing there, kick off at them.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Actually it says Bonus pack includes 1 pair of grips and one set of lock jaw clamps

Although quite now much use they’d be I have no idea. Go for Superstar – loadsa colours and waaay cheaper.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

+1 Superstar Grips are fantastic value

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Actually it says Bonus pack includes 1 pair of grips and one set of lock jaw clamps

It doesn’t specify what constitutes “a set” though does it? I read a set as being a complete set of 4. What’s the point of selling a pair of grips with the fittings for only one of them!

I think the original Ruffians and the new ones will be going back….

honourablegeorge

I’ve bought four or five ODI “bonus packs” from CRC, always came with four clamps, plus lately they come with the “snap cap” bar ends.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Contact crc mate I just purchased almost the same set, bonus odi, and got all the clamps and it was around the same price so I think there is something wrong there.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Cheers guys – that’s what I thought.

I just noticed the packaging on the item says “includes everything you need to get started”, and also mentions that it includes end caps which it didn’t – obviously duff.

djen83
    Free Member

+1 on that – I got 4 clamps and think the grips are mint

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Email sent to CRC!

1969pedalpusher
    Free Member

Buy direct from ODI in the U of SA and get your clamps laser etched with the wording of your choice *.

Just make sure you choose something more imaginative than “left” and “right” like I have on mine…

* Do Timpsons do this?

iain1775
    Free Member

Purely custom in USA also do laser etched ODI compatible grips as well as headset caps etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Odi Grips – What are they supposed to come with?’ is closed to new replies.