Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Odd tyre fitting problem
  • ivorlott
    Free Member

Fitted a WTB Vigilante on a WTB STi23 rim 2-3 week back, still using tubes though. Bit of a tight fit to say the least and broke a lever getting it on.

Still couldn’t get it properly seated though, even after inflating to 50psi to try and pop it into the rim slots, terrible wobble on it.

Cue flat this week and after buggering about for the last hour and two more snapped levers, I’ve given up trying to get this thing on, would be a nightmare to sort out a trail flat.

This sound like a faulty tyre though, or am I just being incompetent? Stuck an X-king back on for now and whilst I still needed a lever, job done in 2 mins…

wwaswas

there seem to be some combo’s of rim and tyre that just don’t work.

I had a nightmare with some 29″ crests and a purgatory tyre.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Conti Barons on 521 were a nightmare, anytging else I didn’t even need a lever for, think there are just some combo that don’t work as wwaswas says

akira

Crests doubt seen to play nice with specialized tyres, gave up with some ground controls eventually as I was buckling the wheel to get them on…

ivorlott
    Free Member

Fair do’s, might try and stick it on the other wheel, see if it’s as bad. Otherwise might be a nearly new 650B Vigilante 2.3 in the classifieds next week…

simondbarnes

Crests doubt seen to play nice with specialized tyres, gave up with some ground controls eventually as I was buckling the wheel to get them on…

Whereas Ground Controls and Purgatorys pretty much fall onto my 29er Crest rims…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They can be tight on some rims, but they do go up tubeless great!

Although if you think they’re difficult on WTB rims, try fitting them to Enve’s….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Odd tyre fitting problem’ is closed to new replies.