Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Odd things that people say when out riding
  • aP
    Free Member

"You can't ride that road bike down here" as I was coming off the end of Summer Lightning before heading over to the bombholes at Leith and then BKB, from a storm trooper with leg and arm pads looking at my cross bike.

sheldona
    Free Member

On the climb on Whites Level @ Afan bloke pointing at our 3 SS's as we stopped to take jackets off "They down Hill Bikes boys?"

Us " Errrr no, we've just over taken you on them!"

sofatester
    Free Member

On the climb on Whites Level @ Afan bloke pointing at our 3 SS's as we stopped to take jackets off "They down Hill Bikes boys?"

Us " Errrr no, we've just over taken you on them!"

SS and jackets on for the whites climb – Double fail 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

SS and jackets on for the whites climb – Double fail

LOL Its Wales, It rains 😉

IHN

"This would be much nicer if Sheldon was here"

Keva
    Free Member

riding round Whites at Afan… 'flippin' heck he's on a hardtail as well…' quite odd..

riding round some local woods… (adopt pompous posh prick accent) 'you can't ride your bicycle in these woods you know' …most odd, because I was riding my bike.

Kev

belgianbob

"But does this really take any skill? I'd have thought it was just raw power that you're lacking… I'd much rather do this on my horse"
    Said by South African woman, on foot, to me while riding the Borrowdale Bash.

Er, yeah… thanks for your input, Missus.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Horserider to a group of us "please can you stop, he doesnt like bikes", and we were on a Sustrans cyclepath!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Keep 'r goin', don't let her beat yr" from a rosy cheeked old farmer leaning over a gate in Cheddar as I raced Rich climbing Warren's Hill.

He must have mistook Rich for a girl, which is strange because he's really hairy. Quite sweet really.

belgianbob

@Bigyinn:
    "Hmmm. My horse doesn't like bikes. Where shall we go for a ride? I Know…"
    Priceless.

"This is a footpath, you shouldn't be cycling here"

project
    Free Member

my dog may bite you, he doesnt like cyclists,

Me pushing bike up hill, walker says why dont you leave the bike at the bottom as its a bit pointless pushing the bike up hill and pushing it back down hill as well.

Walker, my dogs never done that before, as he had just jumped and snarled at me, so i squirted pop at the walker and said ive never suffered from premature ejeculation before.

wwaswas

Walker, my dogs never done that before, as he had just jumped and snarled at me, so i squirted pop at the walker and said ive never suffered from premature ejeculation before.

so you were both lying then 😉

"Did you mean to do that?"

As the dust settles over whatever tangle of arms, legs and bikes you've managed to create during the last, endless, 4 seconds of tumbling.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"this isn't a cycle path" whinged a middle-aged rambler

Which was odd because it wasn't a footpath either.

joolsburger
    Free Member

After a significant crash which has obviously resulted in a lot of pain.

Are you all right?

Yes I'm fine be OK in a minute… Everyone says it,, seems pretty odd to me.

poppa
    Free Member

Everyone says it,, seems pretty odd to me.

The fact that you find it odd seems odd to me.

I wouldn't say it.
    I'd just laugh.

joolsburger
    Free Member

If I'm asked I happily give a detailed explaination of exactly why I'm not alright followed by some queries about the questioners parentage.

mangatank
    Free Member

This weekend when confornted by a burly samoyed on a remote forest road:

'The dog's fine, just ride past slowly'.

Reassuring advice. I've been bitten three times by dogs while riding and been chased more times than I care to remember.

Gotta love 'em though, eh?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Odd things that people say when out riding’ is closed to new replies.