Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Odd One – Pubs On The A65 Between Skipton And The Lakes
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Heading across there tomorrow afternoon and fancy stopping somewhere en-route. Doesn’t have to be special… was going to stop at the Vintage Inns type place just out of Gargrave but I get a bit uneasy there as I can’t see the bikes on the car roof.

So is there anywhere nice and 2.5 year old friendly on the way, ideally where I can eat and keep the bikes in view???

Somewhere in Hellifield, Long Preston, Kirby Lonsdale or Clapham etc?

Gribs

The Maypole Inn in Long Preston is nice and friendly, with decent beer and food. I’ve been told the Orange Tree in Kirby Lonsdale is also good. The Black Horse in Hellifield is one of the worst pubs I’ve been in.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep, just seen the website for the Maypole. Might see if theres a decent chippy en-route as well… Sit in the sun and have F&Cs… awesome!

headpotdog
    Free Member

If you can make it a bit further up the A65, I’d recommend the Highwayman at Burrow(5 minutes off the A65 near Kirkby Lonsdale towards Lancaster) or The Plough at Lupton (5 minutes from the Crooklands junction with the M6). Great food at both, so worth the wait IMO.

Harry_the_Spider

You can park outside the pub in Clapham. There is a kiddies swing park just up the road too, also with parking.

There’s one in Ingleton (past the church, on the right) with a car park and a beer garden. They used to have owls and hawks etc too.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

They used to have owls and hawks etc too.

With chips or side salad?

ElShalimo

The Tempest Arms in Elslack.
    Great food, beer, wine and really nice friendly staff.

failedengineer

+1 for the Maypole. Also the Mason’s Arms at Thornton in Lonsdale (signposted immediately after ingleton on th’A65) has a huuuge selection of real ales and does a mean pie. The Plough at Lupton’s meant to be good, too. A bit pricier though. I forgot the Highwayman at Burrow. Very nice.

failedengineer

The Tempest’s on the A59. Very busy most times.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Odd One – Pubs On The A65 Between Skipton And The Lakes’ is closed to new replies.