Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Odd Heel/Bottom Of Foot Pain
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Last Thursday I woke up with a pain on the bottom of my left foot. Just in front of the heel, almost at the mid-sole. The day before there was no twinges etc. Have not knocked it, or stood on anything. No obvious swelling or bruising.

I know the usual suspect is PF, but I currently don’t run, not on my feet a lot. Never had it before either. So seems odd for it just to appear out of the blue like this.

It’s now 6 days later and despite resting there is no real improvement. I can stand and walk on it, but would rather not due to the discomfort.

Any thoughts?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does sound like pf. Sudden onset for no reason and won’t go away.

divenwob
    Free Member

Drawing pin in the bottom of your slipper? 🙂 Seriously though I hope you get it sorted, not nice.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does sound like pf.

🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like PF. But not like my bloody PF which hurts all the damn time. Except when I’m riding a bike!
    But then, I sort of asked for it really. Stupid bloody bastard feet.

andy4d

I have pf just now, 2 months so looks like injection for me soon. I would say pf or heel spur by the sounds of it.

fionap

I developed PF but not from running – actually from a manual job pulling heavy loads around all day. Didn’t see a physio for ages and then I neglected to do the exercises properly for long enough so I still get twinges every so often, particularly if I wear shoes without adequate arch support. Learn from my mistakes!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Where in th country are you?

vorlich
    Free Member

I had some tightness along the length of the arch of my foot a while back, worse in the morning but usually improved throughout the day. I found massaging it with a tennis ball to be effective at loosening it off.

Sounds like you’re in worse nick than I was though.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The thing is, while everything looks like PF. One of the main symptoms seems to be the first few steps after sleeping/resting are painful as ****, and then it eases off. With mine, it gets worse the more I walk on it….mainly barefoot.

Got a GP appt. for Friday, but not sure what else to do. Cancelled football/yoga classes etc, as don’t want to risk making whatever it is worse.

Just annoying how it just appeared.

Where in th country are you?

Cambridgeshire/Lincs border.

But then, I sort of asked for it really.

How so?

DezB
    Free Member

How so?

By not doing what you’re doing and easing up on it for a while.
    (sitting here with my foot on a bottle of ice right now!)

MrOvershoot

I call Heel Spur

Presently suffering as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Odd Heel/Bottom Of Foot Pain’ is closed to new replies.