Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • October sun, sea and sand
  • geoffj

House moving means that our annual 2 week burnathon needs to be rescheduled to October. We’ve been lucky ish with the weather in Mallorca in previous years, but I want a bit more certainty.

Needs to be not long haul. Obviously the Canaries is an option, but I’d need convincing of a decent resort.
    Someone mentioned Crete or Cyprus, but hasn’t the all inclusive trade done for some of the resorts?

Don’t fancy Malta or Gozo

How about The Algarve? Crete? Cyprus? Or decent Canaries resort?

Help!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Greek Islands.. Kefalonia, Corfu etc.

honeybadgerx

Sardinia? Cheap, friendly people, Italian food (i.e. ace) and you can even do some ace biking when you’re there too! Complete mix of beaches, watersports, touristy bits, and it’s much more ‘mountainy’ than we ever expected.

geoffj

Sardinia isn’t a bad call actually. We used to go quite a bit pre-kids. Not sure the weather would be any better than Mallorca though.

blitz

Crete would get my vote. Depends what you’re looking for but we stayed here a couple of years ago (in early May, before our eldest started in school) and loved it. Would go back in a heartbeat. Weather is still good in October, Crete’s a bit further south.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/crete/hersonissos/hotels/hotel-nana-beach.html

takisawa2

We did 2 weeks in Turkey around that time, last year.
    Perfect weather for a gingernut like me.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We did a week in Northern Cyprus last year. High 20’s/Early 30’s

Good if you can cope with the disgusting amount of litter (not sure if the south is the same)

hughjayteens
    Free Member

We always go to Dubai in October. Emirates flights are surprisingly cheap and there’s plenty of apartments and villas on Air BnB as hotels can be very pricey. Pretty naff place at times but the kids love it and it’s very clean and safe with perfect climate at that time of year.

badnewz
    Free Member

Northern Cyprus.

chakaping
    Free Member

Andalucia.

rocketman
    Free Member

Canaries are lovely in October ime it’s the best time to go. Proper hot after the summer and potentially scorchio if an easterly kicks in

Resorts? You’ll have to look hard for culture/class but on the other hand you can enjoy having the piss ripped out of your fake Neymar jersey by a bunch of friendly Oldham fans as their team crashes out by many goals to nil, all fuelled by Estrella at €1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘October sun, sea and sand’ is closed to new replies.