Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • October holidays again – NW Spain or Greek Islands?
  • geoffj

I really fancy NW Spain, but I’m guessing that the weather won’t be great in October (middle 2 weeks)?

Other options are Greek Islands / Cyprus, but I know nothing about which islands / resorts are worth a look for a family beach-ish type holiday.

What you got?

ElShalimo

October is generally the start of the winter storm season in western europe so anywhere on the Atlantic coast has an increased risk of crap weather compared to more stable areas like Cyprus etc.

doug_basqueMTB.com

October has been a beautiful month on the Basque Coast these last few years. There is a chance of storms but they come and go and it gives you a day or so to explore inside or take a drive to Pamplona where the storms rarely reach. It’s my favourite time to ride, and the forests are stunning.

Cyprus etc obviously more settled and less chance of a storm so it depends how much a bit of bad weather would affect your holiday.

geoffj

Thanks Gents. Time to explore flights 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i went to kefalonia during the first week of october a couple of years ago and we only had storms on the last day; the rest of the week it was still hitting high 20s/low 30s, with the sea being very warm all day long too. it was the last week of their holiday season though, so a few bars and tavernas either had very limited options or had closed completely.

ElShalimo

If you want to take a punt on the weather not being glorious all the time, Galicia is amazing. Asturias and Cantabria are too.
    Basically you can’t go wrong in northern Spain….it’s pig and fish heaven!
    Whatever the weather it’ll be better than here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘October holidays again – NW Spain or Greek Islands?’ is closed to new replies.