Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • October Beach Holiday with Childcare
  • sl2000

Looking for a week’s holiday in early October. We’d like childcare for a toddler; a beach; I’d like some dinghy sailing (I’ve not done this before but wind & kitesurf competently); and Mrs sl2000 would like some yoga. Any recommendations aside from Neilson & Mark Warner?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any recommendations aside from Neilson & Mark Warner?

Nope. 🙂

I can recommend a Neilson resort if you let me know the sort of thing you prefer. Halkidiki (The Anastasia) is my fave, but it’s a stony beach, which may not suit the mini-sl2000.

jota180
    Free Member

Sensatori Tenerife?

cloudnine
    Free Member

vassiliki.. go spend some money in Greece.. they really need it.

jota180
    Free Member

What’s Greece like these days in October in the resorts?
    It’s some years ago that I went in Sept and a lot of the places were putting the shutters up

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s Greece like these days in October in the resorts?

I’ve done Halkidiki, Sivota and one of Turkish ones all around October.

The days are a warm, lovely and warm. The sea is as warm as it gets in the Eastern Med, IMO. OK, so there’s a risk of a storm*, but overall it’s lovely and warm, in the high 20sC. Evenings sometimes need another layer, but rarely cold. Think “Perfect summer’s day in the UK” weather!

* – Was at Halkidiki once and a massive storm ran up the channel. Blew up in a big way and it rained, hard. Sailing closed as there was too much wind, tennis off as the courts were sodden, bikes in the sheds to avoid landslides, etc. In fact, the only two things open were the bar and the childcare. After an hour or few of the bar being open, the whole hotel was a-rockin’, as everyone had the “Do not disturb” sign on their bedrooms. Childcare was full that afternoon, though….

sl2000

I can recommend a Neilson resort if you let me know the sort of thing you prefer. Halkidiki (The Anastasia) is my fave, but it’s a stony beach, which may not suit the mini-sl2000.

I’ve no idea really. Last foreign beach holiday was Cumbuco in Brazil; but that was pre-parenthood. I’m too late in the season for Greece unfortunately, so it’s Turkey if I go Neilson (or the last week of Lemnos). I’d prefer a ‘friendly’ place to a posh one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d prefer a ‘friendly’ place to a posh one.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/beach/turkey/teos
    Really chilled place. The local town isn’t that special, to be honest, especially when compared to Nea Skioni or Sivota, but a nice resort. Some great sailing, really good in fact. A strong cross shore, nice and warm, gets the hulls flying on the Darts! A bit of an odd launch, in that it’s creeping out of a bay in to the wind. Wakeboarding was OK, if the weather held calm, but an odd paddle out to a floating pontoon. Lovely place to play, overall, though. Very friendly, and laid back.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/beach/turkey/adakoy#tab
    I haven’t been, but last I heard, this place was being run by the legend that is Caz. If she’s still there, I guarantee it will be friendly, and not the least bit posh! 🙂 (Sorry, Caz!)

http://www.neilson.co.uk/beach/turkey/ortakent
    Orty gets great reviews from those who’ve been, as a really low key, friendly place. Again, never been, but many I’ve spoken to who have loved it!

sl2000

Thanks CFH. I think I just wanted someone to enthuse about it. Teos had looked fine before, and now looks great. Can’t manage the other two because of the Monday flights.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve been to ortakent (Neilson) 4 times now. we love it as has my son. decent sailing and a very friendly place.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘October Beach Holiday with Childcare’ is closed to new replies.