Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Octavia Estate Alternatives – Avensis, I40 and 308 experiences
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

I’d normally check Honest John, but his attitude to cyclists is a bit shite which has put me off his opinions. I suspect he also voted for Brexit.

Our ‘go-to for cars’ guy at work is a extreme Brexiter, I’m a rampant Bremainer. We don’t let that get in the way, nor should anyone else otherwise we really are in trouble.

chestrockwell

My friend at work has just got the diesel ST hatchback and says it flies. She had the boggo 1.6 diesel before. It’s a lovely looking thing in grey with black wheels and full leather.

I’ve always been a Focus fan having owned three Mk1’s, and a Mk3. I’d get another one but having had the Mk3 already (Before my current Kuga) I don’t really want to go back to a Mk3.5 which is basically the same thing. Thinking of a Leon estate as mentioned previously just for a change of scenery.

cheers_drive

acebook keeps telling me that I can get a Skoda Superb estate diesel for £350 per month lease for 2 years (10k miles) – seems like a good deal

Currently researching to replace my Octavia lease in and that’s expensive for a Superb! Can get a 5 series for that or a Superb for about £220pm.

CountZero

FWIW, my limited experience of large estate cars is not going to be much help, but I had a ’62 plate Mazda 6 with 106,300 miles on it yesterday, and I was very impressed with it. It was comfy, for the short time I had it, seemed well equipped, went well, and was very quiet. First Mazda I’ve ever driven, and I liked it a lot.
    I can understand why they’re in short supply.

paul4stones

I’ve got an ’09 Mazda 6 estate which has been excellent. 135,000 miles now, I’ve had it for nearly 5 years. Only problem was a major one at about 60,000 when the cam chain needed replacing. Thankfully a warranty job with a Mazda contribution so cost me nothing. Good to drive, plenty fast enough even though it’s starting to get a bit baggy now. Basically a Mondeo underneath apparently 😉
    Before that I had an ’06 Passat Estate which was DREADFUL! Before that a MK 1 Focus estate which was as ace. I’m not a prolific buyer of cars as you can tell.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My current focus has the 1.6 ecoboost and I get low 40’s mpg. Looking on the ST forum, hopefully I will get mid to late 30’s.

Not realistically worse than the mk1 vRS octy I had, which was markedly better on paper than the comparable ST170. Could be worth another look when we decide to change.

Sounds like a daft question, but is the boot area flat when the rear seats are down? That and the lip are the two things about the Octy that consistently annoy; I believe they’re remedied with the Scout version as there’s a storage box filling the void.

Our ‘go-to for cars’ guy at work is a extreme Brexiter, I’m a rampant Bremainer. We don’t let that get in the way, nor should anyone else otherwise we really are in trouble.

Apologies if the tongue-in-cheekness of the final sentence didn’t come across well. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Octavia Estate Alternatives – Avensis, I40 and 308 experiences’ is closed to new replies.