Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oakley riding glasses, Flak Jacket or Racing Jacket?
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Any experiences of the above mentioned riding glasses, which do people prefer or rate the best?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve had flak jackets and jawbones. Misted up all of the time. Nose grommet fell off. Was paranoid the lenses would scratch and cost me a fortune to replace.
    Honestly, I wouldn’t buy Oakleys for riding again. There are as good or better options for far less money.
    My Ryders glasses are immeasurably better than my flaks and jawbones were. Cost about £40.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ive got Radars for on the road, and Jawbones for offfroad.

Love them..

Still got a pair of Racing Jackets,( The old style ones) but upgraded to Jawbones as you can change the lenses.

glen815
    Free Member

Flak Jackets for me with prescription transition lenses which have been bounced off the Israeli hardpack loads of times with no damage to lens or frame. No issues with misting up, but then again it doesn’t get as cold or wet here as it does in the UK.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive been using racing jackets, problem is I tend to use cheap endura glasses when it wet and muddy, which basically is all the time at the minute 😕

Misted up all of the time

…try polishing a drop of washing up liquid on the lens,it helps it a lot 🙂

Houns

Teeto…. What colour are your old racing jackets?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Some made up, only for Oakley no doubt, colour

Silver J.

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’ve got the Flak Jacket XLJ’s -the lenses are tighter to the cheekbone than the regular ones and give a bit more protection from spray, etc.
    Use transitions lenses in the summer (yellow to black), and clear at this time of year. They’re coated so water runs off them and can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with steaming up.
    They survived a couple a face plants in the Alps with a few scuffs on the frame, but the lenses are still unmarked.
    Great glasses and I’ve just bought another pair with black iridium lenses to use for mountaineering.

wrecker
    Free Member

..try polishing a drop of washing up liquid on the lens,it helps it a lot

I used some proper demisting spray I use for diving. Didnt help with the poor airflow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I commute in XLJs with the Persimmon/Black Iridium Transitions and hydrophobic lenses. The coating needs topping up now and again with the hydro pen, but beyond that – Awesome.

For road, I use pro-M Frames with lens to suit the day.
    For off road stuff, I chop and change between XLJs, Ms, Pro-Ms, Twenty and my Holbrooks for da pimpin’.

thorpie
    Free Member

I have gone for some racing jackets (new name for the jawbone I think). Hopefully they will do all I ask of them!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oakley riding glasses, Flak Jacket or Racing Jacket?’ is closed to new replies.