Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oakley Questions (call to you Oakley fans)
  • beagle
    Free Member

Okey doke. After just getting off to phone to Oakley UK and not having much joy, I’d like to ask a question or two if I may..

Does anyone know where I can get hold of spare lenses and ear socks/nose bridges for the racing jacket?

Basically, I have an old pair where the paint is peeling off, lenses scratched and nose bridges missing! I was going to take the paint off back to the red colour, pick a pair of clear lenses and new earsocks and save them from the back of the cupboard!!!

Also got a pair of racing jackets I’d like new frame parts for and Oakley are telling me they don’t sell them and I’d have to buy another brand new pair!! Does anyone know otherwise??

Cheers people.

Beagle

sobriety
    Free Member

That’s strange, the last time I needed ear socks for an old set of m-frames I just phoned, asked and they sent them out no problems.

Houns

Racing Jackets were discontinued years ago so once all the spares they had left had sold out then that would be that.

I’ll find out for you what current ear socks/nose piece could possibly be used, however this wont be until this evening/tomorrow

Keep an eye on ebay for any racing jackets, you could buy a used pair for parts

fontmoss
    Free Member

had the same issue they only had a couple of std persimmon lenses in the country because as Houns says they’re pretty out of date. I know someone else who has the same issue but he’s going to buy my racing jackets. I love them but VR28s are bit dark for me and can’t get any vented persimmon lenses

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers Houns. Just be good to make use of them to be fair. They did have Persimmon water jacket vented lenses but at £85 it was perhaps a bit steep for the old frames with paint cracking off!! Besides, I’d get more use out of a clear lense.

vinnyeh

Consider trading them in with Oakley- I can’t remember what they gave me when I traded in an old pair of frogskins a couple of years ago- maybe 40% off retail off of just about anything- don’t think you can do ti frames though.

beagle
    Free Member

Thanks for the info on the racing jackets. Not sure what to do with them now!

Re the 2nd question – last paragraph of my original post I meant jawbones….doh!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I am having teh same problem looking for Jawbone parts-I need a screw for the jaw hinge but cant get one anywhere!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Questions (call to you Oakley fans)’ is closed to new replies.