Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oakley prescription lenses
  • mattbee

Just recently started to wear glasses, not the strongest prescription in the world, but now its getting sunny I am noticing the difference when I wear my Oakleys instead of my prescription glasses. the Oakleys are Ti Whiskers with a Tungsten iridium polarised lens (Got them through a forces mate from a US px) and the replacement lenses seem quite pricey, I've been quoted £200ish.
    Anyone know of a cheap supplier of lenses? Places I've found online seem to only do the complete glasses, so would I be better off selling the std Oakleys and buying a whole new pair?

thehustler
    Free Member

any local optician will be able to glaze the frame with a prescription lens, but tbh for a polycarb tinted with mirror finish lens £200 isn't that bad a price (speaking as an opticians owner)

CountZero

The thing is if you get your Oakleys glazed with regular prescription lenses you'll have exactly the same situation you're in now, just with better frames. Oakley optics are outstandingly good, which is why they're expensive. Anyone offering genuine Oakley RX lenses will be sending them to the same place in Ireland. I've got two pairs of Oakley RX lensed glasses, and they're the best I've ever worn, but you pay for it. I've got a pair of Ti WHY3's with Fire Iridium lenses, and a pair of WHY8's with Transitions and Emerald Iridium, and both are fantastic, but they ain't cheap!
    Also, there are limited Iridium options if you go for Transitions lenses; Black, Gold and Emerald I believe.

thehustler
    Free Member

if you think Oakley optics are good you should try some propper sunnies like Maui Jims, strrets ahead of anyother sunglass on the market at the moment

samuri
    Free Member

If you think Oakley or Maui Jims are good you should try having a strong prescription, that soon sorts the men of the optician world out from the boys.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

O's lenses are superb. They should be at that price.

thehustler
    Free Member

I have patients with up to -19 prescription, strong enough for you?

CountZero

Never heard of Maui Jims. Been wearing Oakley since Blades came out, got several pairs of Arnette's, Wiley's and Dragons, but I've never seen a single advert for Maui Jims. I would have though, If they're that good, they'd be all over the place. And I'm a bit of a sunglasses nerd.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

-19 prescription, poor people, that sounds really bad. My eyes are -5 and pretty bad in my opinion.

ratadog

Gives me hope as round here the opticians look puzzled when I want anything trendy in a -12. Need to sort out riding glasses, maybe need to find out who round here does Oakleys.

samuri
    Free Member

Can you do sports sun glasses for them?

Gives me hope as round here the opticians look puzzled when I want anything trendy in a -12. Need to sort out riding glasses, maybe need to find out who round here does Oakleys.

Good luck. Oakleys won't do them IIRC. Especially if you've got any other defects in there.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I'm +5, so have Vision Express tinted lenses in a pair of T Wires. Lenses aren't great, frames now look a little dated, but I'm an Oakley whore.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oakley prescription lenses’ is closed to new replies.